How Do Challenges Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do Challenges Work?

I thought JDR did good with his. The first one was a bit questionable, but you're hoping a better angle comes out, and it's such a crucial play. The second one i thought was a catch and a fumble, that had maybe 30% chance of getting overturned, but given the importance (and no need for timeouts for us) it's mandatory to challenge that.

Fox on the other hand, has been horrific. I look back to the Indy game, and everyone talks about the incomplete "touchdown", but that's actually clear by NFL rules. But Luck's crucial "first down" run when he was over a yard short, that would've been easily overturned. And that seems to happen a lot for us. What is the system for us? Is there a guy in the box in Fox's ear? How do we f this up so much?

Shanahan seemed to always use it and lose. Fox should give his red flag to JDR and let him decide especially if we are on offense.

As for your question, I would hope someone in the coaches box has the tv on and is letting Fox know what to do.

Comment

on a side note.. i feel like we were given some really generous spots against KC, both times. They were so blatantly bad that i couldn't help but feel sorry for the Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
        on a side note.. i feel like we were given some really generous spots against KC, both times. They were so blatantly bad that i couldn't help but feel sorry for the Chiefs.
        This....

....except the 'feeling sorry for the Chiefs' bit.

Even the timing sucked on one of them, last play before the quarter end giving the Chiefs a full 3-4 minutes to review the play themselves. Can't really feel sorry for their own ineptitude

Comment

Working...
        X