X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Adam Gase talking about?

Tebow or Orton...

In the press conference today:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gase, when asked about the &quot;rap&quot; against Peyton as a cold-weather QB: &quot;I don't know the total; I've only been around him two years...&quot; (1/6)</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/408702955672457216">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gase (2/6): &quot;...The thing that probably pisses me off more than anything, is the fact that I don't want anybody else as my quarterback...&quot;</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/408702960747573248">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gase (3/6): &quot;...And I'm going to go in with him every Sunday, and it's a great feeling to have. When you've got him back there...&quot;</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/408702971069751296">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gase (4/6): &quot;...You know that your chances of winning are pretty good. And when you don't have a guy like that ...&quot;</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/408702982918635520">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gase (5/6): &quot;... and I've been in that spot a lot, and it sucks. You know (that) you walk in there, and you don't have a shot...&quot;</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/408702990262886400">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gase (6/6): &quot;... So I'll take him (Manning) any day of the week.&quot;</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/408702999251279872">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

He was on the 0-16 lions staff a few years ago. More than likely he was talking about one of those guys.

Comment

He did have Kitna in Detroit, too...

Comment

Dan Orlovsky

Comment

Adam Gase was never anything more than a WR coach in Det. so it can't be Kitna or Orlovsky!

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
            He did have Kitna in Detroit, too...
            I would take Kitna any day when we had Tebow/Orton.

The guy was as tough as nails.

Comment

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
              I would take Kitna any day when we had Tebow/Orton.

The guy was as tough as nails.
              nails aint that tough. he can be influenced by the QB's body language.

Comment

What's the coldest games the Broncos played in 2011? Chiefs @ home, and the New England playoff game. Who was the QB?

Comment

Gase (5/6): "... and I've been in that spot a lot, and it sucks. You know (that) you walk in there, and you don't have a shot..."

He can only be talking about one person.

Combine that with Fox's infamous "if we were running a regular pro offense, we'd be screwed" comments... wow.

Comment

Shaun Hill or J.T. O'Sullivan. Probably Tebow and Orton as well.

Seems like a dumb thing for Gase to say, honestly.

Comment

I think Gase was referring to all the years he tried to coach Chef Luigi in the Special Olympics.

Comment

Brady Quinn!

It's not like his statement is exclusive. He could mean both Orton and Tebow, and when comparing either of them to Manning. Well, there is no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          I think Gase was referring to all the years he tried to coach Chef Luigi in the Special Olympics.
                          I didn't even know he competed.

My respect for him just materialized.

Comment

He's the Michael Phelps of mental retardation.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                              Adam Gase was never anything more than a WR coach in Det. so it can't be Kitna or Orlovsky!

lol
                              Umm, Gase was the QB coach in 2007 when Kitna posted his 2nd consecutive 4,000 yard passing season.

He meant Tebow and Orton most likely. You know what you have in Manning. At his worst you have a 50-50 chance to win. When he's on you have a 90-95% shot. Even with his cold weather and playoff issues I'd take him over just about every QB in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X