Try to trade for Russell Wilson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try to trade for Russell Wilson?

What do you think it would cost us to get Russell Wilson. Flacco and what else. Trading Flacco would free up his contract so that we could offer Russell a long term deal if it's back loaded.

I would easily trade

Flacco
    Our 10th Overall
    Sanders
    2020 First rd pick

All for Wilson.

Draft BPA from there on out.

Comment

this would be great but it is never going to happen. we can hope though..

i believe Denver is in the bottom tier of dead cap. doesn't help with Wilson's cash. rumor has it wants to go to NYG bc of his wife's career. idk that didn't work for Decker even if it was not the main reason for going to the Jets. anyway, Wilson here would be great but get ready to give up a premo player and then some, i would imagine.

Comment

I was thinking Flacco and Sanders for sure. Maybe 2020 conditional pick. 2nd with a chance to be a first

Comment

Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
          this would be great but it is never going to happen. we can hope though..

i believe Denver is in the bottom tier of dead cap. doesn't help with Wilson's cash. rumor has it wants to go to NYG bc of his wife's career. idk that didn't work for Decker even if it was not the main reason for going to the Jets. anyway, Wilson here would be great but get ready to give up a premo player and then some, i would imagine.
          Trading Flacco and Sanders would free up 28 million I believe

Comment

Whatever it takes. 3 firsts and whoever. I'd even toss Von in on some sort of deal.

Comment

Oooooohhhhh, Joe Flacco. Such a value trade chip. How will Carroll say no?

Comment

While you can never say never in draft trade scenarios, I am doubtful the Seahawks would be open to that kind of trade. Especially to get rid of a guy that is like 90% of the team's offensive TD production the last 3 seasons. And I suspect if they were actually shopping him, they would ask for more than two first rounders and a 34 year old QB and a 32 year old WR coming off significant injury.

Comment

It does look like something might happen. Russell will hold a lot of cards in the deal as he wants #1 QB money. I'd trade two firsts for him easily. Flacco is a throw away in the trade really. can be cut for cap room or traded is Seattle wants him.

Seattle is probably going to pony up the cash though. maybe the 2nd 3 year guaranteed contract?

Comment

2 1sts and Von is a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                      2 1sts and Von is a good start.

Denver would take $28 million in dead cap for that move. So who else would you get rid of to be able to sign Wilson in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        Whatever it takes. 3 firsts and whoever. I'd even toss Von in on some sort of deal.
                        Agree. Wilson would immediately be the most valuable asset for the Broncos.

The guy is only 30. With the way the rules are heading, QB’s will easily be playing into their early 40’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Trading Flacco and Sanders would free up 28 million I believe
                          you are assuming they want flacco and/or sanders

Comment

yes, yes, yes

Comment

Albright said it would take CHJ, Flacco, and two first

Comment

Working...
                              X