Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the 10th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything I’ve read has Jonah Williams as G
    better be Nelson to be a G in the top 10

draft Connor McGovern in the 3rd
    draft Bradbury in the 2nd if he’s there
    draft Linstrom in the 2nd

not sure you are getting a plug and play G in Williams you can’t find later

Comment

• A reminder to everyone who thinks this is so easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        A reminder to everyone who thinks this is so easy.

I hear you. It is why i get frustrated when people talk about pick a "project QB" vs a "surefire impact player". There are no certainties in the draft. That project QB could end up being a top tier starter by year 2 and that surefire impact player could be Aaron Curry.

Comment

• What if Hockenson and White are both available at #10? Who do you pick?

Comment

• Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
            What if Hockenson and White are both available at #10? Who do you pick?

White. Cannot see Fangio passing on a position that’s been monumentally important in all his defenses. So much so that he influenced the bears to use an 8th pick on one.

Comment

I'd say Hockenson. If Fangio's supposed to be a good d coach, let him coach up the defense like Belichick does. The offense blows. Have them good enough by the end of the year to compete.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post

I'd say Hockenson. If Fangio's supposed to be a good d coach, let him coach up the defense like Belichick does. The offense blows. Have them good enough by the end of the year to compete.
                Belichick gets to pick his own players. Fangio doesn't. I'm sure that he'll coach up whoever he gets. I believe Elway wants to build a great D again, and that starts with getting rid of the current Achilles heal which is coverage on running backs and tight ends.

Comment

• No reason to give IRMan 9M if you’re going to get T.J.

T.J. would be the instant starter on a rookie contract and you’re paying a back up TE 9M

Comment

• Originally posted by Ziggy View Post

Belichick gets to pick his own players. Fangio doesn't. I'm sure that he'll coach up whoever he gets. I believe Elway wants to build a great D again, and that starts with getting rid of the current Achilles heal which is coverage on running backs and tight ends.
                    nobody covers rbs and tight ends in the nfl. btw, are we sure this midget Bush can even hang with a 6'5 tight end?

if fangio is so intent on using all the money and draft picks on defensive talent, he'll be a really short time head coach. you don't win with the offensive talent denver has right now.
                    Last edited by yerner; 04-23-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                      No reason to give IRMan 9M if you’re going to get T.J.

T.J. would be the instant starter on a rookie contract and you’re paying a back up TE 9M
                      they didn't give him 9. they gave him 4.5 essentially for a one year prove it deal. sounds like a perfect spot to bring in a tight end.

i know next to nothing about hockenson tho. i'm merely pushing back at this mlb or bust narrative. we're already giving von, chub and davis at significant money. now they give first round money to another lb? how much talent does fangio need to be a 'great' coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                        Everything I’ve read has Jonah Williams as G
                        better be Nelson to be a G in the top 10

draft Connor McGovern in the 3rd
                        draft Bradbury in the 2nd if he’s there
                        draft Linstrom in the 2nd

not sure you are getting a plug and play G in Williams you can’t find later
                        I did not like what I saw from McGovern [Penn State] TBH, I know there is some buzz about him as a 3rd-4th rd guy but I did not see anything intriguing about him. He does not move people in the running game and is put on skates when pass blocking. I also don't think he moves very well. Bradbury is really good, Ryan Kelly good to be a top-20 pick. Tom Nalen wants the Broncos to get Bradbury, but I can see Kubiak pounding the table for Bradbury at #18. Lindstrom might get past the 1st round but will probably be one of the early picks in round 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post

they didn't give him 9. they gave him 4.5 essentially for a one year prove it deal. sounds like a perfect spot to bring in a tight end.

i know next to nothing about hockenson tho. i'm merely pushing back at this mlb or bust narrative. we're already giving von, chub and davis at significant money. now they give first round money to another lb? how much talent does fangio need to be a 'great' coach?
                          Davis gonna get swallowed in Fangios defense.

Heres Fangios ILBs:

The inside linebackers do have more coverage responsibility than in a standard 3-4 and are also asked to blitz occasionally. Most 3-4 schemes look for at least one big run-stuffer inside, but Fangio’s scheme required elite athleticism from both his ILBs since they will often cover TEs or RBs. They also have inside gap responsibility vs the run and will occasionally switch to OLB in certain alignments, so they need to be elite athletes who can cover, stop the run, and get to the QB. In San Fran ILBs Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman were both high-level athletes and All-Pro players. The Bears obviously don’t have LBs on that level, so this is one area where Fangio may have to adjust his scheme.

Bears didn’t have it so they went and invested heavily in that position, Using a higher draft pick than Broncos at 10.

Broncos don’t have his guys. Read the paragraph above and both Devins fit his scheme perfectly.

Comment

Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Davis gonna get swallowed in Fangios defense.

Heres Fangios ILBs:

The inside linebackers do have more coverage responsibility than in a standard 3-4 and are also asked to blitz occasionally. Most 3-4 schemes look for at least one big run-stuffer inside, but Fangio’s scheme required elite athleticism from both his ILBs since they will often cover TEs or RBs. They also have inside gap responsibility vs the run and will occasionally switch to OLB in certain alignments, so they need to be elite athletes who can cover, stop the run, and get to the QB. In San Fran ILBs Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman were both high-level athletes and All-Pro players. The Bears obviously don’t have LBs on that level, so this is one area where Fangio may have to adjust his scheme.

Bears didn’t have it so they went and invested heavily in that position, Using a higher draft pick than Broncos at 10.

Broncos don’t have his guys. Read the paragraph above and both Devins fit his scheme perfectly.

if his scheme can only succeed with top ten picks at inside linebackers, then fangio is a idiot that has ****ty schemes.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

I did not like what I saw from McGovern [Penn State] TBH, I know there is some buzz about him as a 3rd-4th rd guy but I did not see anything intriguing about him. He does not move people in the running game and is put on skates when pass blocking. I also don't think he moves very well. Bradbury is really good, Ryan Kelly good to be a top-20 pick. Tom Nalen wants the Broncos to get Bradbury, but I can see Kubiak pounding the table for Bradbury at #18. Lindstrom might get past the 1st round but will probably be one of the early picks in round 2.
                                Nalen has been reading my posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X