• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueflame
    replied
    Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
    Okay, a closed thread shouldn't allow posts. Apparently, I did it wrong. 😀
    It will still allow mods to post even if it's closed -- *wink*

Edited to add: We can re-open this thread at a later time -- there's more football news coming out right now and more threads (separate threads for each news item as opposed to one giant mega-thread) will mean it's easier for everyone to find the topics they're looking for.

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    Reminder: Guys, we're going to close this thread. The point in doing it is to encourage threads for major subjects about the team, so that more eyes are seeing them, and more conversation is taking place.

Let's see how this goes. We will probably ultimately do some sort of toned down version. For now, if someone would like to put a final week camp notes thread up, we can put smaller news tidbits in there.

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    Okay, a closed thread shouldn't allow posts. Apparently, I did it wrong. 😀

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Holy **** that would be amazing. Esp if we could land him.

Slide bolles to RT or Reiff takes the RT spot. Either way, he is a huge improvement to anything we have. Please let this happen!
    I thought the same until I read that he was rather terrible last season apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Bigdawg26
    replied

Slide bolles to RT or Reiff takes the RT spot. Either way, he is a huge improvement to anything we have. Please let this happen!
    Please, let’s sign Reiff! He’s better than any OT we’ve had in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Paladin
    replied
    Not quite!

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Ok this is last post boooooosh!

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Last post!!

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonyels View Post

No idea, but Saints cut him. I think he’s a RT they tried at LT. Just bring him in an evaluate.
    I'm not down on him because of this. I was taking a look at why the Saints cut him and they have some depth at the position. Behind Armstead and Ramczyk, they have James Hurst who is a veteran, started 44 games for the Ravens. They also signed Calvin Throckmorton who was considered one of the best college free agents this year; he did not test well but was a solid at Oregon, 1 sack allowed in 3,224 snaps, made the Senior Bowl roster and Geoff Schwartz tweeted this about him:

So, the Saints were four deep at OT and they still have Derrick Kelly who is a college free agent from 2019 that played in preseason and was developed on their practice squad last year, so it's not surprising all these players were ahead of Paulo when the Saints needed to make room for other players to fill certain positions. No preseason to help his evaluation and the Saints signed 3 new players on defense.

Paulo has good size and arm length, good experience with 40 starts at Utah, played both RT and LT, definitely worth a shot on the practice squad.

Leave a comment:

• ~Crash~
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
    The rule change says we can pull up a couple dudes from the practice squad per game but the second guy can only be an offensive lineman. Paulo could be that "On Deck" OL guy. 16 PS slots is gonna be awesome too.
    Thank you good info to be reminded ..

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Vikings are going to cut him because they can't agree on a contract restructure.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied

Riley Reiff?

What happened to him? Why is he being mentioned and with us?
    Vikings are going to cut him because they can't agree on a contract restructure.

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    Guys, we're going to close this thread. The point in doing it is to encourage threads for major subjects about the team, so that more eyes are seeing them, and more conversation is taking place.

Let's see how this goes. We will probably ultimately do some sort of toned down version. For now, if someone would like to put a final week camp notes thread up, we can put smaller news tidbits in there.

I just wanted to give a head's up that this one will be closing in about an hour (it will still be here - just with no more new posts).

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    Riley Reiff?

What happened to him? Why is he being mentioned and with us?

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    Winfree. Lol and they traded up for him. Smh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X