Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first pick should target a guy that can go 1 on 1 with a top tier TE and take him out of the offense !
    that is the single most important need of this team and I challenge anyone reading this to dispute it !

If we cant get a guy like that , round one, then take an O lineman that has munchak's seal of approval.
    there are 15 starting WR in this years draft, EASY.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

there are maybe 5 OTs that can start day 1 in the NFL.

15 WR in this draft will be starting on Sunday.
      O LINE is always a smart investment.
      Well OT's can start the rooky year and usually dominate.

I am fine with pick OT if the staff thinks the WR's in the 2nd will work for their system.

Heck we may pick up Cooper in FA and not really have the need.

Comment

• Hopefully this means he's back. Bausby as CB 4 would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

A player who’s demanding and quits on a team and asking for 20M? A 3rd is too high for me.
          If you're going to ignore the backstory behind why he "quit" then sure. But I agree on the $20mil part. Way too much.

Comment

• Conklin is looking for 18 million. For a guy who's never played LT, that's absurd. Get an OT in the draft now, and get the 5th year option. WR can be had later. Im even fine with Jackson or Jones at 15 if they have the Munchak seal of approval.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

If you're going to ignore the backstory behind why he "quit" then sure. But I agree on the $20mil part. Way too much.
                I know about the cancer. He was holding out regardless. He could’ve played week1.

his intentions weren’t because of the cancer handling. It was because of money.

Comment

• Comment

• https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...hat%27s%20next
                    The Broncos' Justin Simmons had a career-best four interceptions in 2019, his first season with Vic Fangio. Dustin Bradford/Getty ImagesJustin Simmons, S, Denver Broncos

Franchise tag salary: $12.7 million

Seasons: 4

Career highlights: His teammates believed he was one of the biggest Pro Bowl snubs in in the league this past season -- he was voted second-team All-Pro -- and last year was easily his best overall effort in his career. His athleticism and savvy are on display in every game, but one sticks out for many. As a rookie in 2016, he leapt over blockers in front of him to block an extra point attempt in New Orleans and the Broncos returned it for a game-winning two-point conversion.
                    2020 NFL draft coverage

• Most recent mock: Kiper » | McShay »
                    Kiper's Big Board » | McShay's Top 32 »
                    First Draft podcast » | Draft order »
                    Full class rankings from Scouts Inc. »
                    More NFL draft coverage »

Why he was tagged: Not only is Simmons one of the Broncos' most versatile and prepared players, he is one of their most active in the community as well, given he was Denver's nominee for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. He has played every snap of the past two seasons, topping 1,000 in each of those years, and taken on a variety of roles, including nickel cornerback when the defense has had injuries. He is one of those players -- on the field, in the locker room and in the community -- who, if he's not re-signed, other players have to wonder about their own chances of getting a new deal down the road.

What he brings: Simmons had his best overall season in 2019, his first year in Vic Fangio's defense. His four interceptions were a career best as were his 15 passes defensed. He has the athleticism and route recognition ability to play deep as well as the physicality to play along the line of scrimmage. He is still an ascending player as he enters his fifth year, given he played far more mistake-free this past season as the Broncos played much better assignment football overall. -- Jeff Legwold

Comment

• Elway and Co should have been busting their butts to get JS under contract long term before this seson. He is just going to be more way mire pricey next year. Would be set at the position for years and he contract would look great in hindsight. Have the money this year too. No need to spend on massive free agents with a green QB. This is Lock's "rookie" year, plus if he pans out, gotta pay him too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                        Elway and Co should have been busting their butts to get JS under contract long term before this seson. He is just going to be more way mire pricey next year. Would be set at the position for years and he contract would look great in hindsight. Have the money this year too. No need to spend on massive free agents with a green QB. This is Lock's "rookie" year, plus if he pans out, gotta pay him too.
                        It takes 2 to tango. Simmons and Shelby were on contract years. They bet on themselves and won. Who knows what kind of boost that gave to their play. I think Simmons will be fine, and may even improve, but I think Shelby is fools gold. He's a fine player, but he's not a top end that should be getting 7 figure salary like he is asking for in FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

It takes 2 to tango. Simmons and Shelby were on contract years. They bet on themselves and won. Who knows what kind of boost that gave to their play. I think Simmons will be fine, and may even improve, but I think Shelby is fools gold. He's a fine player, but he's not a top end that should be getting 7 figure salary like he is asking for in FA.
                          I don't usually agree with you, but here I do. You're absolutely right; they knew they were playing for dollars and they both exceeded expectations. I too think Simmons will continue to grow, and I think of all our talent, he's the most eager to return. I have no doubt a deal will get done. As for Harris, I too don't see the monetary value that he thinks he's worth. Which is a shame I think he's a fun player and is a neat little 'x' factor at times. But he doesn't dominate every snap like his demands say he does..

Comment

• Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post

I don't usually agree with you, but here I do. You're absolutely right; they knew they were playing for dollars and they both exceeded expectations. I too think Simmons will continue to grow, and I think of all our talent, he's the most eager to return. I have no doubt a deal will get done. As for Harris, I too don't see the monetary value that he thinks he's worth. Which is a shame I think he's a fun player and is a neat little 'x' factor at times. But he doesn't dominate every snap like his demands say he does..
                            Hmmm. Where do you typically disagree with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

Hmmm. Where do you typically disagree with me?
                              how is that possible ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

how is that possible ?
                                I just found it interesting coming from someone who I haven't found myself disagreeing with often. If that comment came from you, I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X