Official Denver Broncos News and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post

That is not an All-Star offense like he claims.
    Yeah it is. Have Bolles and Wilkinson battle it out for RG. Every single position is pro bowl caliber impact player.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post

Easily and have money left over. Broncos have $40M to spend and only have 2 open roster spots, LDE and RCB.
      Say they extend Simmons (15 per) trade for and extend Williams (16 per). Sign Amukamara (2 years 7 per). Extend Wolfe(2 years 8.5 per). Sign Attuachu (3 million?) 2nd round tender to Wilkinson and Purcell (3.2 million each). About 10 million for draft picks. What would they have left?

Comment

7-9 with 3 last second losses on FGs

Ton of cap room

Ton of picks

QB on rookie deal

If you think Lock is the guy, you’re absolutely in a win now mode.
        Exactly, you want to maximize everything you can get during this window. Lock,if he turns out be our franchise QB, is going to be due his big pay day in two years.

Comment

• LCB - AJ Bouye
          B - Von Miller
          LDE - Derek Wolfe
          NT - Mike Purcell
          RDE - Dremont Jones
          ROLB - Bradley Chubb
          Slot CB - Bryce Callahan
          RCB - Chris Harris Jr
          LILB - AJ Johnson
          RILB - Danny Trevathan
          SS - Kareem Jackson
          FS - Justin Simmons

That's a top 5 NFL Defense.

Comment

Yeah it is. Have Bolles and Wilkinson battle it out for RG. Every single position is pro bowl caliber impact player.
            No they’re not, and it’s way, way too young all across the board. That offense may be great in 2022 but not in 2020.

Comment

LCB - AJ Bouye
              B - Von Miller
              LDE - Derek Wolfe
              NT - Mike Purcell
              RDE - Dremont Jones
              ROLB - Bradley Chubb
              Slot CB - Bryce Callahan
              RCB - Chris Harris Jr
              LILB - AJ Johnson
              RILB - Danny Trevathan
              SS - Kareem Jackson
              FS - Justin Simmons

I’d rather have Whatitkowski from CHI. They can keep Trevathan which they reportedly are trying to do.

Comment

No they’re not, and it’s way, way too young all across the board. That offense may be great in 2022 but not in 2020.
                All I did was add All-Pro Trent Williams and draft picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

I’d rather have Whatitkowski from CHI. They can keep Trevathan which they reportedly are trying to do.
                  Chicago is a sinking ship. Hopefully, Trev will come here if Vic wants him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Well, okay, but a couple of flaws here. First, the "no way" should depend on price. I agree no way do you give up a 1st or a 2nd. But is a 3rd still no way? The other flaw is the "get your guy" point. You probably can't get your guy since it's very possible the top 4 OT's will be gone by 15. So, I agree with not being all in on getting Trent Williams, something that is highly unlikely to happen anyway. But I do think you have to qualify it. There is a price point where you do it. That point for me is probably a 3rd. Maybe yours is lower than that.
                    Cards texans etc already lined up for him. So it’s a bidding war. You really want to get into a bidding war for a 30+ year old who never plays a full season and has been out of football with cancer? IMO he will never be the same player he was.

“Get your guy” for the future doesn’t have to be one offseason. We aren’t filling all the holes on this team in one year. Multi year project here. They ****ed up by dumping a versatile Turner. Bolles will be playing LT this year. RT is the highest paid in the league right now so they aren’t sticking someone there. James WILL get injured, so it’s a depth swing player/2nd tier type who will back up. (Turner would’ve worked).

Comment

LCB - AJ Bouye
                      B - Von Miller
                      LDE - Derek Wolfe
                      NT - Mike Purcell
                      RDE - Dremont Jones
                      ROLB - Bradley Chubb
                      Slot CB - Bryce Callahan
                      RCB - Chris Harris Jr
                      LILB - AJ Johnson
                      RILB - Danny Trevathan
                      SS - Kareem Jackson
                      FS - Justin Simmons

One player on this list won’t be there. So who’s playing that spot? The other one likely injures his screw again. CB will be a huge need until it’s not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Cards texans etc already lined up for him. So it’s a bidding war. You really want to get into a bidding war for a 30+ year old who never plays a full season and has been out of football with cancer? IMO he will never be the same player he was.
                        No, I want no parts of a bidding war. Which is why I'm saying my price is a 3rd rounder. If it goes higher than that (which it almost certainly will), I'm not interested.

Comment

lmao. Price full blown lost his mind.

you did this last offseason and the one before that. Didn’t turn out so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

No, I want no parts of a bidding war. Which is why I'm saying my price is a 3rd rounder. If it goes higher than that (which it almost certainly will), I'm not interested.

Not playing creates a massive question mark, so maybe there’s a slim chance a 3rd would work. But like you say almost certainly more so why even bother talking about it. Other options need to be looked for IMO.

i will say back when they restructured Flacco I always thought it was for Williams. But the bad start and medical stuff killed any trade.

Comment

All I did was add All-Pro Trent Williams and draft picks.
                              And you moved a ****ty LT to RG

And 3 rookies aren’t waltzing in here and playing at an All-Pro level right off the bat.

As always, your projections are completely unrealistic.

Comment

• What traits are shown by Bolles that makes one think he’d be a better fit at Guard?

Comment

Working...
                                X