Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine always kind of reminds me of a cattle show or something. A bit over the top...can't wait for the aliens to discover our world thousands of years from now. W. T. F.?!?!

Comment

• Elway needs to restructure Flacco. Get him to take a huge cut down to say $6m/yr. He should do it because that's the most he's going to find out there in the open market. Then, we can either keep him as a mentor/backup or trade him. Either way, we save big on the CAP and have some flexibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
        Elway needs to restructure Flacco. Get him to take a huge cut down to say $6m/yr. He should do it because that's the most he's going to find out there in the open market. Then, we can either keep him as a mentor/backup or trade him. Either way, we save big on the CAP and have some flexibility.
        Flacco isn’t mentoring anyone. Just cut him. And Leary. That frees up a bunch of FA coin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
          Elway needs to restructure Flacco. Get him to take a huge cut down to say $6m/yr. He should do it because that's the most he's going to find out there in the open market. Then, we can either keep him as a mentor/backup or trade him. Either way, we save big on the CAP and have some flexibility.
          Nah hell. Flacco's stunk up our cap long enough. Cut him and be done with it.

Comment

• He isn't a mentor to anyone. He had words for the coaching staff and lacks any kind of connection to the team. I'll never understand his restructure, it made no sense. Recover from your dumb decision cut him and be done with it all. The last thing we need is a restructure tying his dead weight to the team any longer than what he is.

Comment

• Imaging thinking $6 million/year for Flacco is a good deal.

Go ahead, try it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                Imaging thinking $6 million/year for Flacco is a good deal.

Go ahead, try it.
                Well he also thought Chris Harris was just average over the course of his career.

I cannot wait till Flacco is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

ya I wasnt being serious. I like people like Kollar not picking players. should be Fangio. I do think Shurmur would be a good idea since Fangio does minimal on the offensive side.
                  I honestly believe we could pick the players and have a similar success rate.

Comment

• I'm waiting for the Osweiller/Siemian signing for a backup after we lose Flacco...

Comment

• I absolutely HATE the idea of a 'veteran' back up QB. Let's face it, with all the tech out there today, dedicated QB coaches, I really don't think a young QB gets much from the vet. He gets more from the coaches, playing time, and watching tape. I look at the back up QB position like this. You definitely want a guy you think can take over a hold the fort down for a few games if your starter sprains an ankle or something like that. If the starter goes down for the year, season is over. I don't care for the high priced 'vet' who couldn't cut it as a starter. I'd rather that position go to an unknown with upside, a player you can develop, who you think could eventually be a starter. I want that young back up QB who wants to take the job of the starter, not be satisfied with holding a clipboard. Maybe over the course of 2 or 3 preseasons, he looks so good you could trade that player for a 2nd round pick or something. You couldn't trade Flacco for a cup of coffee.

Comment

• I am okay with Rypien. Don't need no vet. I could go with Rypien and Allen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                          I absolutely HATE the idea of a 'veteran' back up QB. Let's face it, with all the tech out there today, dedicated QB coaches, I really don't think a young QB gets much from the vet. He gets more from the coaches, playing time, and watching tape. I look at the back up QB position like this. You definitely want a guy you think can take over a hold the fort down for a few games if your starter sprains an ankle or something like that. If the starter goes down for the year, season is over. I don't care for the high priced 'vet' who couldn't cut it as a starter. I'd rather that position go to an unknown with upside, a player you can develop, who you think could eventually be a starter. I want that young back up QB who wants to take the job of the starter, not be satisfied with holding a clipboard. Maybe over the course of 2 or 3 preseasons, he looks so good you could trade that player for a 2nd round pick or something. You couldn't trade Flacco for a cup of coffee.
                          Unknowns get the boot in Denver.

Comment

Unknowns get the boot in Denver.
                            they just have to park in the wrong place.

Comment

ya I wasnt being serious. I like people like Kollar not picking players. should be Fangio. I do think Shurmur would be a good idea since Fangio does minimal on the offensive side.
                              He's coached against them a lot, so he can talk the X's and O's with players. Fangio will care what kind of person they are. Just like the last 2 drafts where we gravitated towards team leaders, this will be more about what kind of people these kids are.

Comment

• Denver has a strong locker room when it comes to character. They can handle a player with some attitude issues. Right now I rather have an all-pro future hall of famer w/ issues then a JAG nice player.

Comment

Working...
                                X