This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Team just needs to move on from the Bowlen family and dump Ellis.

time for a REAL owner again.
    I’m fascinated by the ownership drama you have going on out there. If Brittany gains the ceo job or whatever, does that mean she gains control? Or is she just semi in charge until Ellis steps aside and then each child and widow have an equal share? If they have equal shares, does Brittany have enough allies to be “chairman”?

Id think the bowlens would have figured out by now that they’ll end up having to sell because they can’t agree on the ultimo hombre among them to run the show.

Comment

• Kind of surprised no one around here is speculating on who the backup QB will be. I’d think Fudd wouldn’t want to go into another season an injury away from a Brandon Allen type again.

Who is your veteran backup? I think there is a chance it’s flacco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
        Kind of surprised no one around here is speculating on who the backup QB will be. I’d think Fudd wouldn’t want to go into another season an injury away from a Brandon Allen type again.

El oh eL. They are not going to pay Flacco 20 million to be a backup. You just can't get over that stupid idea for some reason. Its not happening.

And don't give me that crap about "cap hit". They will have 20 million more of a cap hit over the next 2 seasons if they keep him next year. Its not happening.
        Last edited by sgbfan; 02-13-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

It's probably best when trolling to not leave the alternative to ignorance. If you've got a reasonable argument for why you really think Flacco sticks around, we'd love to hear it.

Also, the notion that a veteran quarterback be a necessary component of a team with a young one is boring to me. If you have a guy like a McCown or whoever that embraces the role and can benefit the team while on the sidelines... fine, I guess. More often than not it just ends up in overpaying for mediocrity... like Flacco, Keenum, etc. I don't have a single problem rolling with Brandon Allen as the backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
            So I guess Pat had a child (girl) out of wedlock (born in 1988) that is now part of this whole Bowlen family feud.
            Yikes

Comment

I’m fascinated by the ownership drama you have going on out there. If Brittany gains the ceo job or whatever, does that mean she gains control? Or is she just semi in charge until Ellis steps aside and then each child and widow have an equal share? If they have equal shares, does Brittany have enough allies to be “chairman”?

Id think the bowlens would have figured out by now that they’ll end up having to sell because they can’t agree on the ultimo hombre among them to run the show.

I got your package the other day haven’t had time to open it though. Kudos on showing up and paying the bet. There’s Broncos fans in here that still haven’t paid but you did.

as far as Flacco I haven’t seen a 20+M QB who was actually named back up before a season started. There will be some vet FA type they will likely acquire whos much cheaper. and yes the owner situation is a cluster of ****s

Comment

• Time to move on but any new owner will want the entire Bowlen family feud reconciled. Bowlen did no one any favors with the way he left the trust. KC had a succession plan in place. I bet Dallas does too.

Comment

Time to move on but any new owner will want the entire Bowlen family feud reconciled. Bowlen did no one any favors with the way he left the trust. KC had a succession plan in place. I bet Dallas does too.
                  From personal experience a well structured will/succession plan with a trusted executor is 1000% times better than a Trust. Trusts almost always seem to skew all interpretations to the benefit of the Trustees.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

From personal experience a well structured will/succession plan with a trusted executor is 1000% times better than a Trust. Trusts almost always seem to skew all interpretations to the benefit of the Trustees.
                    THIS.
                    Pat F’d up. I guess you could say he f’d up a long time ago though with his F’d up kids.

The other problem with this process is the time constraint that the NFL is imposing on all parties involved which ultimately is a good thing.
                    Like you, speaking from personal experience, and seeing it happen my entire life in sue happy LaLa Land, Will and Trust litigation is notoriously a long, drawn out process, sometimes taking a decade to reach its conclusion.
                    Fortunately in this case, the NFL can and will simply force a sale.

Comment

Time to move on but any new owner will want the entire Bowlen family feud reconciled. Bowlen did no one any favors with the way he left the trust. KC had a succession plan in place. I bet Dallas does too.
                      The biggest issue is no single competent heir to pass the team to - which is them trying to get Brittany going, though I doubt it will ever satisfy the other half dozen or so Bowlen offspring. Brittany being the only one who *might* satisfy Pat's requirements, but do the others want her to have control? I could see Beth and Blood of the City blocking it just out of spite/jealousy. I think we end up with a sale, and I guess that Ellis wants to delay that as long as there's "hope" for Brittany to run the team.

Comment

• Sloter will be the back up that breathes heavily on Lock’s back, duh.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                          Sloter will be the back up that breathes heavily on Lock’s back, duh.
                          can you please phrase that differently ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

can you please phrase that differently ?
                            I think it’s phrased JUST fine.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                                That guy is mediocre though...why would we want?

Comment

Working...
                                X