Official Denver Broncos News and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Slightly different, with Chubb and Miller, Barrett wasn't going to start. He deserved to go and do that and maximize his value.
    Not to mention the fact that Shaq did not want to return to Denver because he wanted to go somewhere else with a chance to start. So re-signing him wasn't really even an option. Plus there wasn't much of a market for Shaq, but there will probably be a fairly robust market for Shelby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Ya I was more referring to the fact they claimed Barrett would be just another guy.
      Yeah, that's silly. It was obvious he had get to the QB talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Not to mention the fact that Shaq did not want to return to Denver because he wanted to go somewhere else with a chance to start. So re-signing him wasn't really even an option. Plus there wasn't much of a market for Shaq, but there will probably be a fairly robust market for Shelby.
        Yep. TB was SO sure that he was starting material that they signed him to a whopping 1yr $5 mil contract. Anyway, he'll get paid now, and I couldn't be happier for him.

BTW, can anyone guess on what his comp pick to us will be? I know it's a complicated formula based on contract received, playing time, etc., so is it a 3rd, 4th, or 5th? I'd be happy with a 4th, but his low contract may screw that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

Yep. TB was SO sure that he was starting material that they signed him to a whopping 1yr $5 mil contract. Anyway, he'll get paid now, and I couldn't be happier for him.

BTW, can anyone guess on what his comp pick to us will be? I know it's a complicated formula based on contract received, playing time, etc., so is it a 3rd, 4th, or 5th? I'd be happy with a 4th, but his low contract may screw that up.
          We’ll get a 5th and two 7ths, so it’s probably the 5th.

Comment

• Comment

Last year:

“good. Let some other team over pay for Barrett.”

Harris is this years Barrett.
              It wasn't about overpaying him, he wanted to start, and with Chubb and Von that wasnt going to happen.

Comment

I always liked Sullivan. Good guy to have on your side.
                I for one am not happy we lost Sullivan. Dude was brilliant, and our ace in the hole when it came to avoiding cap hell. He's going to find work very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                  Im hoping we sign Suh to replace Shelby. Draft Kinlaw. Put our Dline back on the map!
                  Suh would be a big downgrade at this point in his career.

Comment

• Dang... No more Sully...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mqv8znvTSF1r696mfo3_r1_250.gifv.gif
Views:	213
Size:	1,001.4 KB
ID:	2561176

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Suh would be a big downgrade at this point in his career.
                      A downgrade over what or whom? Adam Gotsis? Suh is like wolfe. They have a couple years left, tops. In Fangios defense They can provide some pass rush up the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                        Awesome news, but um...still draft a OLB for depth in round 3 or so.

Comment

• Wonder if the Flacco extension had anything role in his dismissal ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                            Wonder if the Flacco extension had anything role in his dismissal ?
                            No because it has no effect on this year because they rolled over what they didn't use.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Awesome news, but um...still draft a OLB for depth in round 3 or so.
                              If we re-sign Attaochu, I don’t really think that’s necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                                We’ll get a 5th and two 7ths, so it’s probably the 5th.
                                Ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X