Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Denver Broncos News and Rumors

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Sorry if someone already posted this, but it's a rumor from the Senior Bowl:

    http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpres...Rumors-Tuesday

    CC Lamb will fit right in with Elway and the FO it sounds like.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
      Sorry if someone already posted this, but it's a rumor from the Senior Bowl:

      http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpres...Rumors-Tuesday

      Good, draft the C from LSU.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

        CC Lamb will fit right in with Elway and the FO it sounds like.

        Between this (if it is indeed an issue) and him likely running around a 4.55 in the 40, he could very well be available at 15.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          Sorry if someone already posted this, but it's a rumor from the Senior Bowl:

          http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpres...Rumors-Tuesday

          Yes, listen to Munchak please. Just give the man what he needs to get the job done. So glad he's our O-line coach.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

            Yes, listen to Munchak please. Just give the man what he needs to get the job done. So glad he's our O-line coach.
            If Munchak really did say this the way it’s being presented, then no way does Elway keep McGovern unless it’s at a huge discount. The talking-heads in Denver seem to think McGovern might get close to $9 mil. a year as a FA. If anything close to that is true, then he’s gone. Might as well try out Morris in OTA’s, and draft his hand picked guy to develop.

            Comment


            • Originally I was in favour of retaining McGovern for continuity's sake, as the center is effectively the QB of the o-line, but when we dumped Scangs that meant the offensive scheme was going to change anyway so that continuity factor is less important now. If Munchak doesn't rate him that's yet another nail in the coffin as well - arguably a more damning one. In Munchak I trust, his record and the level of esteem he's held in around the league speaks volumes, and no-one was going to get much out of our o-line this year.

              Also I must confess that I never saw the Munchak/Scangs relationship to be the best pairing. If we're going all-in on the mini-shanny offense that Scags wanted to run that really necessitated an o-line coach with a greater emphasis on the outside zone. I'm aware that Munchak knows zone blocking and is perfectly capable of coaching it - but he was never the kind of outside zone specialist or expert the scheme demands, so putting the two men together wasn't a disaster but didn't play to the strengths of either one of them all the same. Can't help but feel that Shurmur and Munchak will be a better fit, and if I had to put my money on either Scangs or Munchak there's not really any hesitation in going with the latter.

              Not saying this is why Scangs got canned but I don't think it helped.....

              Comment


              • Comment


                • Originally posted by chrisp View Post
                  Also I must confess that I never saw the Munchak/Scangs relationship to be the best pairing...
                  Not to mention having an older, well respected, experienced guy who was actually a candidate for the job have to technically be beneath a younger, inexperienced guy on the org chart. I heard speculation that there was tension between them and I tend to believe it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TonyR View Post

                    Not to mention having an older, well respected, experienced guy who was actually a candidate for the job have to technically be beneath a younger, inexperienced guy on the org chart. I heard speculation that there was tension between them and I tend to believe it.
                    I tend to believe it too, since Scangs was clueless. Munchak and Fangio were probably both getting ready to murder the guy by the end of the season.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                      I despise Greek and his leeches. But if PL didn't communicate this pain or they didn't come to an agreement then it isn't his fault...begrudgingly.
                      How do you despise Greek when you know nothing about his job performance. You just infer without facts. You have not observed first hand and I would venture to say you have no credible sources.

                      Comment


                      • scanganot gonna be working here much longer.

                        Comment




                        • https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/2...ce=twitter.com


                          what the ****? this dude is good at his job. elway's lost it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yerner View Post


                            https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/2...ce=twitter.com


                            what the ****? this dude is good at his job. elway's lost it.
                            So...heading to the 49ers then?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by yerner View Post


                              https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/2...ce=twitter.com


                              what the ****? this dude is good at his job. elway's lost it.
                              Why would they let him go like that? Odd.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

                                Why would they let him go like that? Odd.
                                No owner and they kept salaries of the FO low. Ellis fingerprints.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X