Official Denver Broncos News and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
    Lol they all had elite arms. Do yourself a favor & quit digging that hole your in even deeper.
    Like I said, you have a very low standard for what makes an elite arm. Fouts? Rivers? Warner? Rofl...okay man.

Comment

Lol they all had elite arms. Do yourself a favor & quit digging that hole your in even deeper.
      Sorry but Fouts didn’t have elite arm strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Sorry but Fouts didn’t have elite arm strength.
        He did, but regardless the point remains. To say, Most elite QBs don’t have elite arm strength is BS.

Comment

He did, but regardless the point remains. To say, Most elite QBs don’t have elite arm strength is BS.
          “Elite” and “all time” are 2 different things. He didn’t say elite. Theres like 4-5 all time QBs IMO. Manning Brady and Montana being in that group.

maybe that’s where the confusion is coming into play

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
            So we just got the QBOTF, then just hired an OC who is insanely high on said QBOTF and now y'all wanna trade said QBOTF + Von and picks for another QB....
            You really think that?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

You really think that?
              That’s what the reports are saying. Is there a reason to think they are lying?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

That’s what the reports are saying. Is there a reason to think they are lying?
                I think Shurmur may have liked Lock but there is no evidence out there to make me believe he was "insanely high" on him. In fact most of the evidence points to Jones being his guy.

Dave Gettleman: Pat Shurmur “was most enamored with” Daniel Jones
                Dave Gettleman: My Giants logic was all wrong, Pat Shurmur discovered Daniel Jones
                1. Pat Shurmur discovered Daniel Jones.

Gettleman said he felt comfortable passing on the quarterbacks in the 2018 draft to pick Saquon Barkley because Giants director of college scouting Chris Pettit told him the 2019 class included promising quarterbacks.

But it was Shurmur who initially called Gettleman’s attention to Jones, which makes it all the more surprising that the quarterback-minded coach was fired and Gettleman was retained partially on the basis of making the gutsy call to draft Jones earlier than projected. Gettleman fell for Jones at the 2019 Senior Bowl.

“We looked at all the quarterbacks and right up front Pat was most enamored with Daniel,” Gettleman said on WFAN. “We just kept investigating. You look at Pat’s history with quarterbacks … the young guys and what he’s gotten out of them. For him to be that enamored with him, it certainly made me do my homework.”

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...-denver-as-oc/
                Before last year’s draft, Shurmur did not attend Lock’s pro day at Missouri last spring, sending offensive coordinator Mike Shula instead while he attended West Virginia QB Will Grier’s pro day.
                Lock met with Shurmur the next week in New Jersey at the Giants’ facility but the Giants would pass on Lock – and every other quarterback on the board in favor of Daniel Jones, who they drafted with the sixth overall pick.
                Giants execs explain what sold them on Daniel Jones

"Yeah, I went through the process," Shurmur said. "I probably spent more time even this year than last year on the quarterbacks – from watching them play, to interviewing them, all multiple times, to doing all the research on them, because I think it’s important to put these quarterbacks through the full process. We took a trip down to Duke and visited with Coach Cutcliffe, and he kind of connected some of the things, because there were some comparisons to Eli, and I’m not sure I would share them. How is he similar? How is he different? I knew by watching him play that he was tough. That’s very high on the spectrum for me, is toughness, and Daniel has that. As we went through it, when you watch guys throw – and there’s some very talented throwers, very talented, very accomplished quarterbacks in this year’s draft. It’s quick that you can fall in love with them at each exposure, but by the end of it, we really felt like he was our guy, and I felt the same as Dave."

Comment

• What does Daniel Jones have to do with it? Reporters have been pretty consistent in saying that the Giants had Jones and Lock as their top two QBs.

Comment

What does Daniel Jones have to do with it? Reporters have been pretty consistent in saying that the Giants had Jones and Lock as their top two QBs.
                    Believe what you want to believe.

Comment

Believe what you want to believe.
                      As I said before, is there a reason to think it’s not true? He chose the Broncos after all, even though reportedly there were four other teams who were interested in him.

Comment

As I said before, is there a reason to think it’s not true? He chose the Broncos after all, even though reportedly there were four other teams who were interested in him.
                        Like I said he may very well like Lock but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he's "insanely high" on him. People keep saying "reports". Where are they?

What I really would like to hear is Shurmur get up in his press conference and hear him, Elway, and Fangio commit to Lock.

Comment

Like I said he may very well like Lock but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he's "insanely high" on him. People keep saying "reports". Where are they?

What I really would like to hear is Shurmur get up in his press conference and hear him, Elway, and Fangio commit to Lock.
                          “Obviously the development of our young quarterback is going to be critical moving forward.”

“We had a very, very high opinion of Drew. We did a lot of work on him. We were very certain he was going to have an outstanding career and a bright future, and I’m really looking forward to working with him.”

https://youtu.be/ccrsSRB02l4

Comment

• Gettleman is a clown. Pretty sure he’s not going to throw his QB under the bus. “Very very high” “very certain” sound like they were very high on him. So much so that IMO the draft had a few who wanted him instead. Shurmur being one of them.

“We did. Obviously, we were in the market for a quarterback last year and we had a very, very high opinion of Drew," Shurmur told Phil Milani of the team's site. "We did a lot of work on him. We were very certain that he was going to have an outstanding career—he’s got a bright future—and I’m really looking forward to being able to work with him.”

Comment

“Obviously the development of our young quarterback is going to be critical moving forward.”

“We had a very, very high opinion of Drew. We did a lot of work on him. We were very certain he was going to have an outstanding career and a bright future, and I’m really looking forward to working with him.”

https://youtu.be/ccrsSRB02l4
                              We had a very, very high opinion of Drew but an even higher opinion of Daniel Jones.

Comment

We had a very, very high opinion of Drew but an even higher opinion of Daniel Jones.
                                Can you confirm that? Who’s choice was it? It’s possible to be high on both

Was Elway higher on Gotsis than Kollar was?

Comment

Working...
                                X