Official Denver Broncos News and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

Name the elite QBs that didn’t have elite arm talent.
    Others answered for me. That you had to ask is pretty amazing though.

Comment

• Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

Manning, Montana, Brady,
      He said most. 3 is a lot closer to a couple than most. How’s this Farve,Elway,Rodgers,Moon,Marino,Mahomes,Kelly,
      Rothlisburger,Bradshaw,Aikman,Fouts & Warner just to name a few.
      you can add Wentz & Rivers.
      Last edited by peacepipe; 01-17-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

He said most. 3 is a lot closer to a couple than most. How’s this Farve,Elway,Rodgers,Moon,Marino,Mahomes,Kelly,
        Rothlisburger,Bradshaw,Aikman,Fouts & Warner just to name a few.
        you can add Wentz & Rivers.
        Your standards for what qualifies as elite arm strength are pretty low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Your standards for what qualifies as elite arm strength are pretty low.
          You should think(if possible) before posting bull ****. Now you’re looking like a ass trying back track on what you stated.

Comment

You should think(if possible) before posting bull ****. Now you’re looking like a ass trying back track on what you stated.
            Rofl...I’m not backtracking. What are you on right now, spaz?

Comment

Rofl...I’m not backtracking. What are you on right now, spaz?
              Lol you can’t handle being called out. Think before you post. Making **** up & posting it as fact will always make you the fool.

Comment

Lol you can’t handle being called out. Think before you post. Making **** up & posting it as fact will always make you the fool.
                People literally listed four all-time great QBs who didn’t have elite arms, and half the guys on your list didn’t have elite arms either. You’re kind of a nut, huh?

Comment

• I like Burrow a lot. I probably watched him more than any other QB this past season, and every time I did I came away incredibly impressed. It's very hard to find anything to really criticize the guy for, and I'll concede you might argue his arm isn't a laser cannon but the ball was always where it needed to be regardless of how far down the field he threw it. Can't remember seeing a college QB consistently play that good throughout the entire season, and factoring in the supreme difficulty of their schedule makes it all the more impressive. Dude looks GREAT at almost everything.

But... I'm not trading three firsts plus Von and Lock for him. Crazy talk right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                    I like Burrow a lot. I probably watched him more than any other QB this past season, and every time I did I came away incredibly impressed. It's very hard to find anything to really criticize the guy for, and I'll concede you might argue his arm isn't a laser cannon but the ball was always where it needed to be regardless of how far down the field he threw it. Can't remember seeing a college QB consistently play that good throughout the entire season, and factoring in the supreme difficulty of their schedule makes it all the more impressive. Dude looks GREAT at almost everything.

But... I'm not trading three firsts plus Von and Lock for him. Crazy talk right there.
                    Burrow is nice, but we have a QB and bigger fish to fry.

Comment

• I get that Borrow looked impressive this past year, and in the toughest conference in college football. And no matter how great the SEC is, it's nowhere close to the level of the NFL. If you're one of those who think it is, you probably also think the Earth is flat. There's always that chance he doesn't turn out to be a great NFL QB. It happens. There's a Paxton Lynch, Mark Sanchez, RGIII, Vince Young, Jake Locker in almost every draft. And not just QB's either. Plenty of top 10 picks who didn't do jack (Blackmon, Gholston, White, Harvey, Curry, Richardson, Jordan, etc).

The point I'm trying to make is, especially with QB's, you just never really know. There's no way in hell I would trade Lock and picks for Borrow. Not because I think Lock is already some lagit NFL star, he still has much to prove, but because neither one of them should be considered NFL lagit star, and so why in the hell would you give up multiple 1st rounders (and some even threw in Miller) for somebody you just don't really know about yet? That's like going to vegas and betting your house that you'll come up with pair of 10's. All you have to do is look back to last year's Championship game, when everybody was anointing Trevor Lawrence as the can't miss QB, myself included. After this year, I'm done with anointing QB's as can't miss picks. I do think Borrow will be good, but I'm not willing to bet 2 or 3 1st round picks on it. No way.

Comment

• I may be the only person not completely sold on Burrow. Further, from listening to some radio commentary, I may be the only person not sold on Tua. I like Burrow the most of the bunch, but overall this QB class gives me a bad feeling. Tua's injury history gives me pause, and I believe his success is more of a product of the people around hin rather than the inverse. Herbert gives me Lynch vibes, yet also Tannehill. We'll see how his interviews go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          I may be the only person not completely sold on Burrow. Further, from listening to some radio commentary, I may be the only person not sold on Tua. I like Burrow the most of the bunch, but overall this QB class gives me a bad feeling. Tua's injury history gives me pause, and I believe his success is more of a product of the people around hin rather than the inverse. Herbert gives me Lynch vibes, yet also Tannehill. We'll see how his interviews go.
                          Fundamental difficulty with evaluating players on these teams is that often the players they are next too are markedly more talented than the competition, even in the vaunted SEC. that leaves a small sample size of relatively evenly matched teams to compare

Comment

• Originally posted by kappys View Post

Fundamental difficulty with evaluating players on these teams is that often the players they are next too are markedly more talented than the competition, even in the vaunted SEC. that leaves a small sample size of relatively evenly matched teams to compare
                            Not really the case with Burrow. He faced 7 top 10 teams throughout the season and lit them all up.

Comment

People literally listed four all-time great QBs who didn’t have elite arms, and half the guys on your list didn’t have elite arms either. You’re kind of a nut, huh?
                              Lol they all had elite arms. Do yourself a favor & quit digging that hole your in even deeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                                Not because I think Lock is already some lagit NFL star
                                Wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X