Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Denver Broncos News and Rumors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
    It looks like the rumors that Shumur will try to bring over Shula as QB coach may be true, and makes sense too. TC McCartney was not a bad coach at all, but he was replaced because a new coordinator needs "his guy(s)" at crucial positions to quickly implement his system, and the QB coach is probably the most crucial.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	QYyA.gif
Views:	277
Size:	725.7 KB
ID:	2558257

    Comment


    • this is not a rumor just a question, honestly.

      would it be a possibility to trade (all unlikely i know) Lock and a first rounder for Borrow - or to trade up to get Borrow? I only ask bc our front office is crazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Borrow, somehow, some way...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
        this is not a rumor just a question, honestly.

        would it be a possibility to trade (all unlikely i know) Lock and a first rounder for Borrow - or to trade up to get Borrow? I only ask bc our front office is crazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Borrow, somehow, some way...
        No. Not possible.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
          this is not a rumor just a question, honestly.

          would it be a possibility to trade (all unlikely i know) Lock and a first rounder for Borrow - or to trade up to get Borrow? I only ask bc our front office is crazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Borrow, somehow, some way...
          Shefter said 3 1st round pick is the starting point for teams looking to trade to #1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
            this is not a rumor just a question, honestly.

            would it be a possibility to trade (all unlikely i know) Lock and a first rounder for Borrow - or to trade up to get Borrow? I only ask bc our front office is crazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Borrow, somehow, some way...
            I don;t think our FO is crazy. Def not that crazy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by socalorado View Post

              No. Not possible.
              Miami has the ammunition to pull off something like this. It comes down to the Bengals and who they like as a QB. Herbert? Tua? Love?

              Miami gives up #5, #18, #26, and 2021 #1. 4 first round picks would give Cincinnati something to think about.

              At the end of the day, Cincinnati is taking Joe Burrow.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ratboy View Post

                Miami has the ammunition to pull off something like this. It comes down to the Bengals and who they like as a QB. Herbert? Tua? Love?

                Miami gives up #5, #18, #26, and 2021 #1. 4 first round picks would give Cincinnati something to think about.

                At the end of the day, Cincinnati is taking Joe Burrow.
                But that’s not what he asked. He asked if DENVER could trade Lock and a 1 for Burrow.
                Ive already put out the MIA scenario. I agree. They could do it.
                Rumors at Shrine Bowl are that CIN likes Herbert a lot.
                But that’s just BS to start the offseason misdirection.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by socalorado View Post

                  But that’s not what he asked. He asked if DENVER could trade Lock and a 1 for Burrow.
                  Ive already put out the MIA scenario. I agree. They could do it.
                  Oh right, no chance Denver does it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                    this is not a rumor just a question, honestly.

                    would it be a possibility to trade (all unlikely i know) Lock and a first rounder for Borrow - or to trade up to get Borrow? I only ask bc our front office is crazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Borrow, somehow, some way...
                    No, wouldn't happen and couldn't happen. As much as the Denver faithful have bought into Drew Lock, the rest of the league is still waiting on the results from his sophomore season before they go in on him. If the NFL had a redraft of the 2019 Class, he goes in the first round, possibly at the Number 10 spot were he was initially projected to land with the Broncos. But, he is still not considered a top 5 talent and would not be considered sufficient compensation when paired with the number 15 pick to acquire the rights to Burrow.

                    Additionally, I suspect even if Denver had passed on Lock in 2019 and were in the market for a QB in the 2020 draft, they would not overly covet Joe Burrow. No, they would be all in in a guy like Justin Herbert or Jacob Eason. There was a reason so many were worried that Denver would pull the trigger on the raw unfinished product that is Josh Allen in 2018. Elway has a type.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                      Additionally, I suspect even if Denver had passed on Lock in 2019 and were in the market for a QB in the 2020 draft, they would not overly covet Joe Burrow. No, they would be all in in a guy like Justin Herbert or Jacob Eason. There was a reason so many were worried that Denver would pull the trigger on the raw unfinished product that is Josh Allen in 2018. Elway has a type.
                      Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with this. There's no way any team wouldn't covet Burrow. Other than maybe the fact that he's a "one year wonder" there's really nothing you can say remotely negative about him. And he was so good that even that isn't really a concern.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TonyR View Post

                        Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with this. There's no way any team wouldn't covet Burrow. Other than maybe the fact that he's a "one year wonder" there's really nothing you can say remotely negative about him. And he was so good that even that isn't really a concern.
                        Perhaps I should have bolded the words overly. Of course they would covet him, the same way that every team coveted Andrew Luck in the 2012 draft. But Denver wouldn't be willing to pull a Mike Holgrem for Burrow where he offered the Colts Cleveland's entire 2012 Draft for Luck.
                        Last edited by v2micca; 01-17-2020, 07:54 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Thanks I was just curious. It all doesn’t matter once Brady gets here.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                            this is not a rumor just a question, honestly.

                            would it be a possibility to trade (all unlikely i know) Lock and a first rounder for Borrow - or to trade up to get Borrow? I only ask bc our front office is crazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Borrow, somehow, some way...
                            It would take more than that and Burrow and his Dad are shopping for homes in Cincinnati as we speak........

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CEH View Post

                              Shefter said 3 1st round pick is the starting point for teams looking to trade to #1
                              I’d give up 3 firsts, Von Miller and Drew Lock.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                                this is not a rumor just a question, honestly.

                                would it be a possibility to trade (all unlikely i know) Lock and a first rounder for Borrow - or to trade up to get Borrow? I only ask bc our front office is crazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted Borrow, somehow, some way...
                                The Bengals trading #1 when Burrow is the QB would be akin to the Cavs trading #1 when LeBron James was the clear pick. It's too perfect of a fit, a home state kid to resurrect your down trodden franchise.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X