Official Denver Broncos News and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Well, the Broncos are going full on new build. Fangio must have hated Scangarello.
    There were several times during the season where you could see Fangio was visibly irritated with the offense. I'm not surprised at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

There were several times during the season where you could see Fangio was visibly irritated with the offense. I'm not surprised at all.
      I thought he was gonna kill someone on the offensive staff. My guess is, this was a scenario where Vic allowed Elway to pick his OC and he wanted to see how it went for a year before making a decision on it. After the season, Vic was likely telling Elway he needed a more experienced person to run the offense and someone who would make adjustments and be trusted to put the offense in the best position to succeed.

Comment

Well, the Broncos are going full on new build. Fangio must have hated Scangarello.
        We regressed in almost every possible offensive metric. Not sure why you would stick with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

We regressed in almost every possible offensive metric. Not sure why you would stick with that?
          I wouldn't. But hiring a guy you know is inexperienced and then brooming him and his staff after a year is kind of interesting.
          This is Vic taking control of his staff and saying he wants the best change to succeed and not a maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

Yeah it was so predictable and very uncreative. The TE runs were maddening. First down pound Lindsey into a brick wall. Short yardage let's run the 190 lb back.

Comment

I thought he was gonna kill someone on the offensive staff. My guess is, this was a scenario where Vic allowed Elway to pick his OC and he wanted to see how it went for a year before making a decision on it. After the season, Vic was likely telling Elway he needed a more experienced person to run the offense and someone who would make adjustments and be trusted to put the offense in the best position to succeed.
              I mean I really doubt Elway was oblivious to how bad Scangs was. He’s usually drunk, but not that drunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I mean I really doubt Elway was oblivious to how bad Scangs was. He’s usually drunk, but not that drunk.
                Considering he tried to hire Mike Shanahan, knowing full well Joe Ellis hates him...I think he was that oblivious and that drunk.

Comment

Vic hired both OC's

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Crash~ View Post

Vic hired both OC's
                    Elway hired Scangs. Vic went along with it. We all knew this coming into the season.

Comment

• Comment

• I don't mind hiring a new OC this one in my mind blows!

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...rmur%20offense

This guy is not all that good ! he averges #16 in O year in year out his Running game is after thought it is when he has conned the D to sale out on oppsit side of the field type of ****.12% use of FB waste of a good spot on our roster.

Comment

• Schumer would of been a KC OC from 96 to 03 ... We have become the Chiefs of 96 to 03

and they have become the Broncos of that time

Comment

I don't mind hiring a new OC this one in my mind blows!

This guy is not all that good ! he averges #16 in O year in year out his Running game is after thought it is when he has conned the D to sale out on oppsit side of the field type of ****.12% use of FB waste of a good spot on our roster.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	189
Size:	7.08 MB
ID:	2557412

Comment

I don't mind hiring a new OC this one in my mind blows!

With a 16th ranked offense we would’ve made the playoffs last season. Just sayin’.

Comment

Elway hired Scangs. Vic went along with it. We all knew this coming into the season.
                                nope, you are wrong. fact... They knew each other and Scangs and he went to dinner. before Vic got the Broncos job and told him if he gets a Head Coaching job he was interested in being his OC. The NFL sits up these meetings every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X