Official Denver Broncos News and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Billy Turner(who wasn’t drafted) >>>>> James.

My point is some draft picks aren’t exactly kept or treated great like outside FAs here.

McGovern is a JAG and should’ve been the G back then. Clearly a drop off in talent from Paradis.

it doesn’t happen a lot, cause most the time over these years the draft picks haven’t been hits.

Didnt turner get paid starter money to be a backup though? yeah hes a drop off but we could have kept paradis or kept mcgovern and kareem. Ill take those two. Mcgovern isnt a huge drop off.

That is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Didnt turner get paid starter money to be a backup though? yeah hes a drop off but we could have kept paradis or kept mcgovern and kareem. Ill take those two. Mcgovern isnt a huge drop off.

That is true.
      He is playing G I think but doing it quite well. I think he was a completely destroyed against the Chargers though

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
        I support not paying Paradis that money. I thought that was one of Elway's smarter moves.
        The move is nullified and cancelled out when you throw massive money to a RT who doesn’t even play. And when he does he’s not good. Chalk his name up right next to Stephenson and Watson.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

That is true.

He’s starting. But There’s plenty of back up players around the league better than what they put out there. Leary is done. Bolles is legit retarded. Risner is the one bright spot.

Comment

Billy Turner(who wasn’t drafted) >>>>> James.
            Billy Turner was a 3rd-round pick by the Dolphins in 2014, the same year they took Ja'Wuan James in the 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Billy Turner was a 3rd-round pick by the Dolphins in 2014, the same year they took Ja'Wuan James in the 1st.
              Yep. And I’d take Turner over James.

go back to the James signing thread I guaranteed he’d be injured by September and all that cap space/money sponged up for nothing.

Comment

The move is nullified and cancelled out when you throw massive money to a RT who doesn’t even play. And when he does he’s not good. Chalk his name up right next to Stephenson and Watson.
                Eh. James played in 15 games last year. No reason to have expected it to be this bad this year. Bad luck more than anything. Was it an overpay? Sure. But we were desperate and that's what happens in FA when you're desperate. This is more about bad drafting than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Eh. James played in 15 games last year. No reason to have expected it to be this bad this year. Bad luck more than anything. Was it an overpay? Sure. But we were desperate and that's what happens in FA when you're desperate. This is more about bad drafting than anything else.
                  No reason yet I How did I know? I have several connections who are high volume bettors on Miami. They all told me James health wouldn’t last. Whether it’s his bum hamstring, knee, back etc I made a prop bet that he’d be out by September and took home 1K. The guy is mush.

its about bad drafting sure. But its also about bad FA picks like Stephenson and Watson.

Comment

No reason yet I How did I know? I have several connections who are high volume bettors on Miami. They all told me James health wouldn’t last. Whether it’s his bum hamstring, knee, back etc I made a prop bet that he’d be out by September and took home 1K. The guy is mush.
                    He played the whole season in 2014 and 2016 , missed half the year in 2015 (toe) and 2017 (hamstring), and missed one game in 2018 (knee). So unless you believe there's some pattern where he misses a lot of time in odd numbered years there was no way to accurately predict this year. You're generally negative, took a guess on the negative side, and were right. Did you know that James started an O-line school record 49 consecutive games at the University of Tennessee? I bet you didn't! And his pro injuries are neither chronic nor related. He's just had bad luck, and got a bad rap because when people hear "toe injury" they think a guy is soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by OleNumber7 View Post

Unitas went to Louisville which has also produced Lamar Jackson and Teddy Bridgewater.
                      I should have clarified my statement. Since I was using star QB's as the metric.
                      Bridgewater has been hurt and hasn't put up a sustained standard of success in the NFL.

Purdue for instance has Len Dawson and Bob Griese. After that it's Drew Brees. That's a massive gap.
                      Michigan has put a ton of QB's into the NFL but Brady is about the only who's had a massively successful career. Harbaugh and Griese were ok but nothing special
                      Stanford has Elway and depending upon how you view their careers, Plunkett and Luck. Not much else.
                      USC has Palmer and then what, Rodney Peete? Darnold hopefully breaks that line of poor NFL QB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Ok, I thought I was tripping cause I could have sworn he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick and not undrafted.

Comment

• Just looked at the salary cap for 2020. Over the Cap has DEN projected to have $68 million available. That number could conceivably increase to $90 million if they cut Leary, Flacco, and Heuerman. They should be major players in FA next year. Re-sign a couple of our own and possibly address the interior OL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveler View Post
                            Just looked at the salary cap for 2020. Over the Cap has DEN projected to have $68 million available. That number could conceivably increase to $90 million if they cut Leary, Flacco, and Heuerman. They should be major players in FA next year. Re-sign a couple of our own and possibly address the interior OL.
                            They need to be on that midnight train to Georgia.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                                ?? whats the new mismatch he brings? he's the same body as Sutton. Don't get me wrong, i like Patrick as a 3/4 WR but am i missing something where he has 4.39 speed or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X