X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many NFL Players Want Thursday Games To Disappear

Many NFL Players Want Thursday Games To Disappear

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...e-a-car-crash/

“We’re not supposed to say this aloud while we’re coaching, but I can say it now: Players and coaches mostly despise the Thursday games,” Billick wrote.
    “I’m not a huge fan of it,” Bush said. “We don’t get a lot of time for our bodies to recover."

I think the games stink too. I know they want to force-feed NFL network a game for revenue reasons, but honestly they need to change it somehow.

One idea would be to move it to Friday or Saturday. One or two extra days would help. And for people whining about college football, they can get over it.

Another idea is make the schedule where you only play on Thursday night coming off a bye.

The final option would be to can it completely. But that isn't likely to happen.

I just think Thursday night football is stupid. It's a weird day to do it. It usually sucks. The coaches and players all hate it and the fans aren't crazy about it. They can do better.

Comment

does this mean you guys aren't excited for tomorrow's Jaguars/Texans game?

Comment

Only time I watch is if the Broncos are on.

Comment

I hate thurs night football. Love it on thanksgiving all day and night long. Any other time I cannot stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
            Only time I watch is if the Broncos are on.
            ^This

Comment

If I were the Commish I would drop the Thursday (except opening night & Thanksgiving) and overseas regular season games.

Comment

Move it to Saturday....**** you ncaa!

Comment

If they are so gung ho about having an extra football night then just move this game to Saturday night. Players get the 2 extra days to rest and heal, coaches aren't coaching from as big of a disadvantage.

Comment

Teams look slow and generally play bad games on Thursdays. They should disappear. Inferior games.

Comment

Thursday night games are garbage
                      Teams look like crap because of the short week and the commentary is awful

Also it has the gayest intro of any sporting event

As much as I like watching football, Id rather wait the extra couple days for some good football instead of the turdfest we get on Thursday night

Comment

Change it to Sunday morning football.

Comment

I disagree. Thursday night football is an amazing innovation that provides entertainment for all of the NFL.

Comment

NFL Network's coverage comes off as completely desperate. Flying your studio crew, plus Rich Eisen out to each game, hour long pre and post game (with the idiotic gift bag for the player of the game) for the crappiest match-ups is a waste of resources.

Mayock was ok for a while, but now, I find him completely irritating. Using his draft evaluation lingo for everything is grating.

Even the intro song lyrics are desperate and whiny.

Comment

If I was a player I sure wouldn't want to play on a Thursday after getting beat up on a Sunday. You want to get into a rhythm, especially with all the travelling they do.

Comment

Working...
                              X