Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ja'Wuan James' agent fleeced us

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...9-allpaid-team

#1 I already think it's absolutely retarded we made him the #1 paid RT in the NFL with a career that has zero Pro Bowl or All-Pro selections, or really any truly meaingful awards of any kind aside from the Rookie team. Taylor Lewan (who was drafed a few picks before him) averages just 3.2m more a year and is now a perennlial Pro Bowl LT. Meanwhile Mitchell Schwartz is still in KC balling it out at RT on his 5 year 33m contract after we signed Donald Stephenson away from them...

#2 Frankly the reason I posted this. 52.9 percent of his salary is guaranteed. Compare this **** with the others on the list. Absolutely mind blowing after ****ting the bed with Watson and Donaldson.

I really, really hope **** pans out and Munchak had input here to make the FO confident in this ****, but man, that list pissed me the **** off and I can't grasp why James got the contract that he did.

The broncos are way under the cap next year. We should be spending more

Comment

Meh contracts always go up. Trey Flowers got 18 mil a year, and he has 22.5 sacks or so the last 3 years. Free agency is all about overpaying. It's not a great contract but there's much worse out there.

I'm surprised James contract is bad to most, but no one says anything about Trent Brown who got way more, and came from NE where they get rid of the ball quickly.

Comment

James' agent did not fleece anyone. Elway knew very well the kind of OT he was buying for that price and pulled the trigger. Your request for Pro Bowl/All-Pro selections is not very realistic for a career RT. I believe you know these kinds of accolades go to LTs. Lane Johnson is a rare exception and he was not voted a starter nor a reserve, but an alternate in the 2019 Pro Bowl behind Terron Armstead, Tyron Smith and Trent Williams. That does not mean RT is not extremely important. You just have to look at our own OL for the last 5 seasons. I remember how desperately Broncos fans were asking for Rick Wagner after a solid season for the Ravens [no Pro Bowl, no All-Pro], then the Lions made Wagner the league's highest-paid RT in 2017. That's how the market goes. Now it's James' turn after being the Dolphins' starting RT for 5 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
          Meh contracts always go up. Trey Flowers got 18 mil a year, and he has 22.5 sacks or so the last 3 years. Free agency is all about overpaying. It's not a great contract but there's much worse out there.

I'm surprised James contract is bad to most, but no one says anything about Trent Brown who got way more, and came from NE where they get rid of the ball quickly.
          The Raiders structured Brown's contract so that he has ZERO cap hit after two years. Meaning if he ****ing sucks, he's gone after two years and they're fine.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post

The Raiders structured Brown's contract so that he has ZERO cap hit after two years. Meaning if he ****ing sucks, he's gone after two years and they're fine.
            All that means is that they had the cap room to front load the bonuses. The Broncos have no such luxury. Btw, I checked with OTC, and if the Broncos make James a post-June cut after two years, they save $11 mil on the cap, and that takes in consideration a $3 mil dead money hit. Btw, James does not suck, he is a legit starter & good scheme fit, but his injury history is a legit concern. However, he also will have the best OL coach in the league riding his ass.

Comment

The OP doesn't understand the cap and free agency. Comparing old contracts to new ones is just showing how contracts look bad initially and are deals in a few years again showing how the OP doesn't understand the cap and Free Agency.

Comment

Bad signing Elway sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                  The OP doesn't understand the cap and free agency. Comparing old contracts to new ones is just showing how contracts look bad initially and are deals in a few years again showing how the OP doesn't understand the cap and Free Agency.
                  It's this. The cap goes up every year, and contracts go up every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

It's this. The cap goes up every year, and contracts go up every year.
                    Every year people are bitching about FA contracts along with just assuming such team is on the hook for total dollar divided by the years. They complain before seeing the breakdown and repeat year after year without learning. I remember people whining about how Manning was a rippoff at his contract and Denver wouldn't win anything with him because they couldn't afford to sign FAs.

Comment

If it works who cares it's not your money

Comment

He stole him away from Miami, who wanted to retain him. Cost of doing business. At least RT is spoken for for the next 3 years (finally).

Comment

We paid the best OT on the market and the price goes up every year. So freaking what?

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                            If it works who cares it's not your money
                            x2

Front office improving the team, how dare they!

Comment

If James becomes the fixture at RT he is capable of becoming, $13 mil will be a bargain in 3 yrs, and most of the guaranteed money will have already been paid.

Comment

Working...
                              X