1st ever NFL Regular Season Morning Game in 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st ever NFL Regular Season Morning Game in 2014

For the first time ever, the NFL will stage an early kick-off at Wembley next year as part of the International Series.

The Atlanta Falcons will host the Detroit Lions in Week 8 on Sunday, October 26 at 1:30 p.m. UK time. That's 8-30am ET

"The new early kickoff is another landmark for the International Series," said Alistair Kirkwood, Managing Director of NFLUK. "It will complement the fantastic atmosphere we have at our night-time games and will offer the fans a different experience. It is also a great chance for London and the International Series to be showcased and for the whole of the US to witness the knowledge and passion of the UK fans. We are excited that our game will mark the start of an unprecedented four-game NFL Sunday."

In Week 4 on Sunday, September 28, the Oakland Raiders will host the Miami Dolphins at 1:00 p.m. ET, 6:00 p.m. UK time.

The 2014 International Series will conclude in Week 10 on Sunday, November 9, when the Jacksonville Jaguars host the Dallas Cowboys at 1:00 p.m. ET, 6:00 p.m. UK time.

I'd be pissed if I ever have to get up at 7 AM to watch the Broncos play.

I'd like to angrily say that I wouldn't do it, but I know I would.

Comment

I guess that's good for the UK fans, but I'm not really looking forward to football at 7:30 am (my time). Wow. Thank goodness it's not the Broncos...

Comment

Dude try watching them 3-4 times a season until 5am.

Comment

It's a sensible decision - the time change.

As for the whole international thing, I don't think it's ever going to work. Selling out a couple of games a year means very little. Building support for an international team will be near impossible in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly View Post
            It's a sensible decision - the time change.

As for the whole international thing, I don't think it's ever going to work. Selling out a couple of games a year means very little. Building support for an international team will be near impossible in my opinion.
            They're building it up year by year. Wont be long before they have nearly as many games as an NFL Franchise would have at home each season.

Comment

Oakland Raiders will host the Miami Dolphins

Comment

I hate the London games and Thursday night football on days not Thanksgiving.

I am also old and resistant to change.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

I'll stay off your lawn, sir....

Comment

4 games in a day, Christmas is coming early next year.

Comment

Only reason I would watch this game is if I was up with my kids. They keep pushing this international agenda and ****ing the US fan. They expect the west coast fan to be up at 5:30.

I am not that old, but these international games suck.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

This.

Keep screwing with your Fans NFL. Taking away home games for (now 3) teams
                        a year and screwing with the schedule to facilitate an expansion to Europe that won't ever happen, since they ( Europeans) REALLY don't care!

PFFFFT!

Comment

I have no intentions of getting up at 5:30 am to watch the Falcons and Lions. Forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                            Dude try watching them 3-4 times a season until 5am.
                            Oh our poor Euro fans.

Comment

Make it fun. Have a big breakfast party.

Comment

Working...
                              X