IRMANN "Elway gives Glass Man 9 Million"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
    Who were we bidding against to give an injury prone TE this kind of deal. The same with James. There was no reported interest from the rest of the league in both players. I do like both signings but the contracts are out of whack. I think Elway knows its go big or go home this offseason and is pushing all his chips to the middle of the table.
    Maybe on IRMan, but James was the 2nd best T in free agency. Sure there were no reported other teams, but to get top players in free agency, you gotta overpay a little bit. Given we didnt do that in past years with Stephenson/Schwartz and Watson/Wagner, Elway finally paid up.

And 2 years/8 mil isnt ideal, but Jeff was playing really well until going down.

Comment

Contract numbers are out, 2 years/8 million.

Year 1- 3.1 mil cap hit, if for some reason hes injured again, they can cut him for 2 mil in dead money.
      Year 2- 4.5 mil cap hit, 500K dead money.

Seems like a 1 year deal, and pretty simple. He plays well this year, he'll see year 2, if not, he'll likely get cut.

Comment

Irman final stat prediction. 25 catches 225 yards 2 TD.
        Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 03-22-2019, 09:43 PM. Reason: Poor math!

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
          Irman final stat prediction. 25 catches 400 yards 2 TD.
          It's still early for that. It will depend heavily on who's drafted in terms of TE and WR. If Heuerman remains the #1 TE in camp and the WR room is not upgraded, then I think he gets more than the stats you suggested. Our WRs group is really weak and Flacco likes to target the TE, not to mention that Scangarello might want to feature the TE in the passing game based on Kyle Shanahan's offense.

Comment

Irman final stat prediction. 25 catches 400 yards 2 TD.
            Hard to see him average 15 yards a catch.
            hes more of an 8 yards per catch TE

Last year his best game was 10 catches 83 and a TD

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

Hard to see him average 15 yards a catch.
              hes more of an 8 yards per catch TE

Last year his best game was 10 catches 83 and a TD

Yeah my math was wrong I was thinking 8 ypc. I'm being generous thinking he gets that in 16 games like he will stay healthy too.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                Contract numbers are out, 2 years/8 million.

Year 1- 3.1 mil cap hit, if for some reason hes injured again, they can cut him for 2 mil in dead money.
                Year 2- 4.5 mil cap hit, 500K dead money.

Seems like a 1 year deal, and pretty simple. He plays well this year, he'll see year 2, if not, he'll likely get cut.
                Yeah, you nailed it. It’s just a one year deal to buy time for either Butt/Fumagali and/or a draft pick...or two...to materialize.

Comment

Yeah my math was wrong I was thinking 8 ypc. I'm being generous thinking he gets that in 16 games like he will stay healthy too.
                  It's ok man, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Comment

Working...
                  X