Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Broncos Salary Cap Update

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2019 Broncos Salary Cap Update

    It's estimated that Broncos have about $8.4M left to spend in FA 2019 and about $56.8M overall left to spend in FA over the next 2 years.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pricejj; 06-04-2019, 07:47 PM.

  • #2
    I dont think FA will be very exciting for us this year. Maybe one of Amos/Callahan/Mosley/Alexander and a bunch of bargain binners. This year's draft will be very important not only to the team's 2019 competitiveness but to the next 3 years. We will likely need 2 immediate starters from it and 3-4 future starters, one of which playing QB. We have a bunch of cap room opening the next few years, it is time to get behind a talent rookie QB and take advantage of the cheap years.

    Comment


    • #3
      So what if you dump Roby, Garcia, Veldheer and Davis as well?
      Just trying to figure out if they were to target Foster or Juwuan James and Mosley who Elway loves, they could dump these guys and then draft for depth.
      Get Desir or Callahan to take over at CB.

      Comment


      • #4
        Given the way FA and draft is shaping up, it's a tough call trying to figure out the best course of action in FA/draft:
        1. Broncos need a real LCB to replace Talib. That has to be Darby or Callahan. If Broncos lose out on one of those 2, we're screwed. That'll leave the Broncos at $20M (not including Chris Harris pay raise).
        2. Re-signing Kreiter leaves the Broncos at $19M.
        3. Klis reports re-signing Paradis is a 40% chance. Let's say we do, and Broncos re-sign Paradis for $7M. That leaves the Broncos at $12M.
        4. Gotta think Fangio will try to bring in Amos for $7M.
        5. That leaves the Broncos with about $5M left (their typical rollover).

        Not sure the Broncos are playoff contenders if they are only able to add Flacco, Callahan, and Amos in FA.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by socalorado View Post
          So what if you dump Roby, Garcia, Veldheer and Davis as well?
          Just trying to figure out if they were to target Foster or Juwuan James and Mosley who Elway loves, they could dump these guys and then draft for depth.
          Get Desir or Callahan to take over at CB.
          They're all already dumped except Davis. All expiring contracts. Broncos are rapidly becoming cash-strapped, just by hanging onto guys like Sanders and Wolfe.

          1. Juwuan James - $10M
          2. C.J. Mosley - $12M
          3. Bryce Callahan - $12M

          I think you might be onto something. We could still bag all 3 of these guys. What do we do at Safety though?

          Comment


          • #6
            This draft sucks. No elite Safeties, No elite OT's, No elite CB's. Basically everything that you would normally want to draft at #10.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pricejj View Post

              They're all already dumped except Davis. All expiring contracts. Broncos are rapidly becoming cash-strapped, just by hanging onto guys like Sanders and Wolfe.

              1. Juwuan James - $10M
              2. C.J. Mosley - $12M
              3. Bryce Callahan - $12M

              I think you might be onto something. We could still bag all 3 of these guys. What do we do at Safety though?
              Parks and Simmons I guess.
              Honestly, I know John said he was keeping those guys in so many words, but I think he trades away Sanders. He was injured and he's very vocal. So I think Elway is just playing nice right now. But I just got a hunch he's trading him on draft day. But let's say he keeps him.
              Wouldnt Wolfe take a pay cut? He should. He's below average and way past him prime.

              Comment


              • #8
                Pretty sure we declined LaCosse or have said we are going to. We have two TEs on the roster, neither are exceptional blockers. We are 100% going to need an inline TE to help our running game. This is a good draft for that. It doesn't have to be Hockenson at #10, there are other solid options throughout.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by socalorado View Post

                  Parks and Simmons I guess.
                  Honestly, I know John said he was keeping those guys in so many words, but I think he trades away Sanders. He was injured and he's very vocal. So I think Elway is just playing nice right now. But I just got a hunch he's trading him on draft day. But let's say he keeps him.
                  Wouldnt Wolfe take a pay cut? He should. He's below average and way past him prime.
                  Yeah, I have no idea why Elway said that, other than loyalty. Nobody is going to trade for a guy coming off an achilles who probably won't start the season. Problem with Wolfe taking a pay-cut is that you'll have to extend him at the same time. Not something I would do if Harris and Gotsis continue to outplay him. This whole offseason seems odd so far. Thought we were turning over a new leaf. Parks isn't an impact player. He's a nice backup.

                  Haven't gotten anywhere the last few years bargain basement shopping. If that's the approach, expect similar results.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                    Pretty sure we declined LaCosse or have said we are going to. We have two TEs on the roster, neither are exceptional blockers. We are 100% going to need an inline TE to help our running game. This is a good draft for that. It doesn't have to be Hockenson at #10, there are other solid options throughout.
                    Turning down the option on LaCosse is another strange one. The guy would've only cost $650k as an ERFA, non-guaranteed. Now what? Re-sign Heuerman? Yuck. Elway better have a kickass plan. I'll update the spreadsheet to get rid of LaCosse.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                      Pretty sure we declined LaCosse or have said we are going to. We have two TEs on the roster, neither are exceptional blockers. We are 100% going to need an inline TE to help our running game. This is a good draft for that. It doesn't have to be Hockenson at #10, there are other solid options throughout.
                      I will do unspeakable, ungodly, unjustly things to Elway is he did some stupid **** like that. SoCal ain't got **** on me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

                        I will do unspeakable, ungodly, unjustly things to Elway is he did some stupid **** like that. SoCal ain't got **** on me.
                        Wait a minute, aren't you the guy that absolutely loves TEs and always wants us to draft them? Hock's the most complete TE in the draft.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pricejj View Post

                          Turning down the option on LaCosse is another strange one. The guy would've only cost $650k as an ERFA, non-guaranteed. Now what? Re-sign Heuerman? Yuck. Elway better have a kickass plan. I'll update the spreadsheet to get rid of LaCosse.
                          It could be IRMan, he was a solid blocker when healthy. Honestly, I'd re-sign him if he came cheap.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

                            Wait a minute, aren't you the guy that absolutely loves TEs and always wants us to draft them? Hock's the most complete TE in the draft.
                            RB's, MLB's and TE's yes. I don't like Hock like that. 1st round? Yes. Top 10...bitch slap Elway.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

                              It could be IRMan, he was a solid blocker when healthy. Honestly, I'd re-sign him if he came cheap.
                              How about no...IRMan is not good. Even when he flashes he gets hurt. Let it go and draft a TE.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X