Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojef View Post
    He will be there at 10, and 11 and picks after that
    No way. QBs always go higher than expected and this year there are a few teams who have their QB and will trade back. I hear this crap every year yet these QBs got off the board higher than they probably should but they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

No way. QBs always go higher than expected and this year there are a few teams who have their QB and will trade back. I hear this crap every year yet these QBs got off the board higher than they probably should but they do.
      He’ll be there unless the Raiders take him, or unless Miami or Washington moves up. But since those things are all possible it’s really hard to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post

While I agree with most of what you wrote, I don’t know if Elway will pass up a QB, if the one he loves is there at 10. Flacco, to me, seems like a bridge to the QBOTF (whether that be this year or next). I’m hoping for ILB in round one, but who knows what Elway will do?
        Yeah, I am actually on the fence on this, and it’s because of the fact that we don’t know how Elway really feels about these QB’s. At the Senior Bowl, he was allegedly “smitten” about Lock, but ever since he acquired Flacco, his stance has taken a 180 and now he downplays all of them. But that is EXACTLY what he should do if solely for the reason to create value at that #10 position. It gives Elway options he didn’t have before he traded for Flacco.

If he really believes that Lock is a possible franchise QB that fits his system we will now be running, then he shouldn’t pass on him no matter who is also there. BUT, we really don’t know if that’s how he feels. One other thing, I also believe that he really respects Scangerello, and may lean on his opinion more than we know. Scangs made scrubs like Beatherd and Mullen’s very serviceable, and knows exactly what he wants for his system. Is it Lock? Again, we have no idea.

My guess, based on what what has transpired this offseason, is that what Elway and Fangio want for that #10 pick is a player that is a day 1 starter, and that’s no QB in this draft; not for this team anyway. If he takes Lock, he will sit for a minimum of a year, so that may very well be a reason Elway passes on him. White or Bush are bonafide starters and possible/probable ProBowlers, and will start day one and make this good defense even better. And Elway does listen to his coaches, and Fangio for sure will want a stud at either the interior line or ILB to be that guy.
        Last edited by R8R H8R; 03-23-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• If every QB but Murray is there and Murray won't be....you guys aren't taking a QB. Mark me down for not even taking a defender....I think you go IOWA TE (pick one or the other, doesn't matter)

Hired first time, defensive minded coach who is old. Hired O coordinator who will run a conservative type offense.

Traded for Joe Flacco to run conservative, play action type offense.

Elway promised Flacco he wasn't taking a QB high. (you all seem to keep forgetting this one)

Defensive personel on your team is pretty damn good already.

You haven't had a good TE in a LONG time and it's what your offense really needs.

Needing a TE, and picking at TE puts you right in the spot you need for either of the two Iowa guys.

Picks 2-9 will have been used up on the premium edge and LB prospects.

Also....I agree that QB's go up the board when they shouldn't...and that totally happens most years. This is going to be one of those years where After Murray goes...the QB's are going to SLIDE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
            If every QB but Murray is there and Murray won't be....you guys aren't taking a QB. Mark me down for not even taking a defender....I think you go IOWA TE (pick one or the other, doesn't matter) ...
            Not impossible. One reason to doubt this is already having 3 TE's (4 if you count Hemingway), and having just signed Heuerman. It would have perhaps made more sense to go after a guy like Jared Cook.

Comment

If every QB but Murray is there and Murray won't be....you guys aren't taking a QB. Mark me down for not even taking a defender....I think you go IOWA TE (pick one or the other, doesn't matter)
              Dont see them going Murray even if he was there.

If it's not QB, i'm like 100 percent sure its DL or ILB. If not a trade down for some more picks.

Comment

If every QB but Murray is there and Murray won't be....you guys aren't taking a QB. Mark me down for not even taking a defender....I think you go IOWA TE (pick one or the other, doesn't matter)

Hired first time, defensive minded coach who is old. Hired O coordinator who will run a conservative type offense.

Elway promised Flacco he wasn't taking a QB high. (you all seem to keep forgetting this one)

You haven't had a good TE in a LONG time and it's what your offense really needs.

Needing a TE, and picking at TE puts you right in the spot you need for either of the two Iowa guys.

Also....I agree that QB's go up the board when they shouldn't...and that totally happens most years. This is going to be one of those years where After Murray goes...the QB's are going to SLIDE.
                It's not going to be Fant. DaeSean is a very good developing slot WR, we're not going to draft what is essentially another slot WR to start. Hock is possible though. Personally, I'll be absolutely stunned if it's not Devin White or Devin Bush at #10 to captain the defense.

I think you've been very perceptive this offseason with how the draft could play out and how the Broncos are constructing their team. I don't agree with your view on Lock though, but I guess it depends on how you view Matt Stafford. I would be excited to get a QB like Stafford, and I think Lock will essentially develop into Stafford. Is that a good enough QB to win with? I think so.

Now, I do agree with you that the Broncos appear to not be taking a QB high this draft. I thought Flacco made that pretty clear. I just wouldn't be upset or worried if the Broncos did somehow decide to take Lock. I don't see a future bust at all. I'm just not sure I see a superstar either. I see a Matt Stafford and whatever that means to each individual person.

Comment

• You dont take TE at 10.

Comment

Doubtful. Every QB could be on the board and o think we still go Lock.

Comment

• There's too much depth at TE in this draft class to take one at 10. If they're not going QB, i'm almost certain it's DL or ILB. I'm with MUG that it's White or Bush whichever is there, if they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                        There's too much depth at TE in this draft class to take one at 10. If they're not going QB, i'm almost certain it's DL or ILB. I'm with MUG that it's White or Bush whichever is there, if they are.
                        And then take the Auburn or NC State QB with next pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

And then take the Auburn or NC State QB with next pick.
                          If we pass on a QB at 10, i wouldnt take one until late. Keep building up the team.

Scratch that, maybe in the 3rd round, i wouldnt take a QB with our 2nd given the prospects that should be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

It's not going to be Fant. DaeSean is a very good developing slot WR, we're not going to draft what is essentially another slot WR to start. Hock is possible though. Personally, I'll be absolutely stunned if it's not Devin White or Devin Bush at #10 to captain the defense.

I think you've been very perceptive this offseason with how the draft could play out and how the Broncos are constructing their team. I don't agree with your view on Lock though, but I guess it depends on how you view Matt Stafford. I would be excited to get a QB like Stafford, and I think Lock will essentially develop into Stafford. Is that a good enough QB to win with? I think so.

Now, I do agree with you that the Broncos appear to not be taking a QB high this draft. I thought Flacco made that pretty clear. I just wouldn't be upset or worried if the Broncos did somehow decide to take Lock. I don't see a future bust at all. I'm just not sure I see a superstar either. I see a Matt Stafford and whatever that means to each individual person.
                            A Matt Stafford-like career would possibly have an argument for 2nd best QB in Denver history, definitely 3rd best. The guy has averaged like 4k yards, 26 TDs, 13INTs, at 63% and 7.25YPA a year for the last 8 years. We win another SB in 2016 with that kind of QB play and likely make the playoffs in both 17 and 18.

If we draft Drew Lock and that's what he develops into, no one should be upset. Especially when we've had to live through the Keenum/Flacco hell that we currently find ourselves in.

Comment

• Matt Stafford Clone would put this team as playoff team for next ten years.

Comment

Working...
                              X