Sanders and Wolfe are staying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
    Public views the player year by year and their net potential and contributory worth. The player views the contract in aggregate as that is what they signed and agreed to.

Emmanuel has been nothing short of spectacular for this organization on the field so its hard not to view the aggregate when a player consistently overperforms.
    I really like Sanders, but honestly he has been the leading receiver on his team one time in his entire career, and that was last year. He's been more than paid enough for being a great #2.

That said, he needs to stay, and I am in favor from a principal standpoint of paying players the contacts they signed when they've continued to be good team members and contribute to the best of their abilities.

Keeping Sanders and Wolfe is also about team mentality. Elway and Fangio are putting a lot of importance on keeping as much Playoff and Championship experience on the team to mix with a big influx of young players from last draft and this upcoming. Wolfe is a tone setter on the DL, and while talented, our WR are all super green.

Comment

Sanders has been the best receiver on the team since he signed for the Broncos and he was having a probowl year last season before injury. He plays with great heart and toughness and he can play both the Split End and Flanker positions outside and can also play in the slot. There is no one on the free agent market who is on Sanders level. Tyrell Williams(inflated numbers playing with HOFer), John Brown( just a deep threat), Garcon(old and injured and cant separate) even Golden Tate( tough guy, great YAC, best in the slot but limited outside) are all huge downgrades on Sanders.

Fangio loves Sanders and Scangarello mentioned how everyone in the 49ers building loved Sanders skillset and toughness and he was excited to work with him. I love Sanders in our young receiver room helping Sutton, Hamilton and Patrick move their game to the next level. Sanders rehab is ahead of schedule and he is looking good to go for training camp. Im happy Elway is picking up the option.

Comment

I love ES but he’s almost 32 and is coming off a torn Achilles. There’s a chance he’s close to finished.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
          I love Wolfe, one of my all time favorite players. But there is no point in keeping him this year. We aren't going to the playoffs probably, need to rebuild. You can save a ton by releasing him, and he probably won't be back next year.
          Joe Flacco at minimum guarantees a playoff birth. Have some faith

Comment

Anyone remember what this team looked like when ES was injured? Sure, tons of other issues but that was a huge loss. We need his experience and ability if we haveany chance of making the playoffs.

Imagine Flacco throwing to a bunch of one year guys and some cheap washed up vet WR?

Comment

Love the Broncos bringing back both Sanders and Wolfe

Comment

They’ll play his $1MM roster bonus to just see how his rehab is coming. Come training camp if he’s has to go on the PUP and miss the first 5 weeks elway will have a decision to make

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                  They’ll play his $1MM roster bonus to just see how his rehab is coming. Come training camp if he’s has to go on the PUP and miss the first 5 weeks elway will have a decision to make
                  Exactly. People are making too much of the option being picked up. They spent a million to make a better informed decision 4-5 months from now, that's all it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X