No announcement yet.

WELCOME BACK! We've done upgraded...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I get that it's frustrating that things haven't been fixed. I'm not going to tell you you're right or wrong to be frustrated with it. And I'm not going to point out which of you are (ahem, Shananahan) and aren't sissies.

What I will tell you is that I believe it will be fixed - sooner, rather than later (like, I can honestly say that I believe most of the issues will be fixed by the MNF opener). I think most of you guys like and respect TJ, when he's not being a total fascist (ahem, Agamemnon). Know that TJ didn't just wake up one day and say, "Screw the Mane." Without going into all the gory details, the format had to be changed to the new, current format - there was no option to keep it as it was. And once it was changed, some stuff broke. TJ is at a life stage where pretty much every minute of his time is taken by business and family. So, the broken stuff hangs over his head, and stresses him out. But it's not as if he can tell his wife/children or business partner, "Look, I can't fulfill (insert commitment here), because smilies, ignore, and REP. Smilies and ignore might not seem important to you; but for the love of all that is good and holy, you must see the tragedy of not having REP!"

Again, without going into the gory details, I think TJ has a plan that will allow things to be fixed and maintained, without him having to get a divorce, or become homeless. There are still a few hurdles to overcome with said plan. But I don't expect any of them to be fatal - they'll just take a little time to implement. (Maybe we'll sticky a thread to point out when each fix is happening, and get your sissy-boy constructive feedback.)

Comment

• Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
      So, I get that it's frustrating that things haven't been fixed. I'm not going to tell you you're right or wrong to be frustrated with it. And I'm not going to point out which of you are (ahem, Shananahan) and aren't sissies.

What I will tell you is that I believe it will be fixed - sooner, rather than later (like, I can honestly say that I believe most of the issues will be fixed by the MNF opener). I think most of you guys like and respect TJ, when he's not being a total fascist (ahem, Agamemnon). Know that TJ didn't just wake up one day and say, "Screw the Mane." Without going into all the gory details, the format had to be changed to the new, current format - there was no option to keep it as it was. And once it was changed, some stuff broke. TJ is at a life stage where pretty much every minute of his time is taken by business and family. So, the broken stuff hangs over his head, and stresses him out. But it's not as if he can tell his wife/children or business partner, "Look, I can't fulfill (insert commitment here), because smilies, ignore, and REP. Smilies and ignore might not seem important to you; but for the love of all that is good and holy, you must see the tragedy of not having REP!"

Again, without going into the gory details, I think TJ has a plan that will allow things to be fixed and maintained, without him having to get a divorce, or become homeless. There are still a few hurdles to overcome with said plan. But I don't expect any of them to be fatal - they'll just take a little time to implement. (Maybe we'll sticky a thread to point out when each fix is happening, and get your sissy-boy constructive feedback.)
      See the bolded is just where you are wrong. Any woman worth her salt would surely understand how important this is, head to the kitchen and fix Taco a sammich while he plunks away at webcode and settings into the wee hours of the morning. I mean it's the mane for god's sake!

Seriously though, is this new site going to have chat?

Comment

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post

See the bolded is just where you are wrong. Any woman worth her salt would surely understand how important this is, head to the kitchen and fix Taco a sammich while he plunks away at webcode and settings into the wee hours of the morning. I mean it's the mane for god's sake!

Seriously though, is this new site going to have chat?
        Maybe? I think that anything available on the latest versions of vBulletin will likely be a possibility. The only exceptions might be things over which TJ has already been through the war, and consequently has strong feelings about. For example, the REP system (I know REP is not an acronym - I just like spelling it in CAPS). Those who have been around here long enough know that the REP system has undergone many, many adjustments. It almost completely disappeared, for awhile, because it just became un-worth it to deal with all the whining it created. People started artificially creating massive REP-altering capabilities (we called them REP schlongs). And when someone pissed them off (which, you know, happens sometimes around here), they would use their massive REP schlong to completely destroy the other person's REP schlong. So, you had a small handful of posters that had donkey-sized REP schongs ("BEHOLD the incredible LENGTH and GIRTH of my massive REP schlong!"), beating the crap out of otherwise great posters who were hung more like Dwarf Hamsters ("I swear! It was just cold that day!") It was like an unsupervised playground, where the smaller kids never got any exercise, because staying in to make Play-Doh dinosaurs and pokemen was safer than venturing out to play four-square. It took awhile to find a system that was acceptable to posters, but not a total headache for moderators.

That's not saying REP won't be back. It's just to say that there might be some things that sound fine to me, but are non-starters to TJ and other moderators, who have been doing it longer than I have.
        Last edited by DomCasual; 08-19-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

Maybe? I think that anything available on the latest versions of vBulletin will likely be a possibility. The only exceptions might be things over which TJ has already been through the war, and consequently has strong feelings about. For example, the REP system (I know REP is not an acronym - I just like listing it in CAPS). Those who have been around here long enough know that the REP system has undergone many, many adjustments. It almost completely disappeared, for awhile, because it just became unworth it to deal with all the whining it created. People started artificially creating massive REP-altering capabilities (we called them REP schlongs). And when someone pissed them off (which, you know, happens sometimes around here), they would use their massive REP schlong to completely destroy the other person's REP schlong. So, you had a small handful of posters that had donkey-sized REP schongs ("BEHOLD the incredible LENGTH and GIRTH of my massive REP schlong!"), beating the crap out of otherwise great posters who were hung more like Dwarf Hamsters ("I swear! It was just cold that day!) It was like an unsupervised playground, where the smaller kids never got any exercise, because staying in to make dinosaurs and pokemen was safer than venturing out to play four-square. It took awhile to find a system that was acceptable to posters, but not a total headache for moderators.

That's not saying REP won't be back. It's just to say that there might be some things that sound fine to me, but are non-starters to TJ and other moderators, who have been doing it longer than I have.
          So in other words, rep sword fights with glow in the dark neon condoms. Wonderful! No point in resurrecting the rep thread which no doubt provided much of the length and girth to which you speak. I don't really care about rep as my posts tend to be girthy and lengthy enough to satisfy most posters here. In other words I know how to use it. Maybe not as well as Old Coyote in a tight butt thread but close. Likes serve the purpose just fine.

As a mod on another vBulletin board I thank you (and the other mods) for your service as I now know what herding feral keyboard cats is like. We don't use chat or reps. There is a like function that shows the names at the bottom of the post and most are satisfied with that.

Comment

• At least give me the option to receive neg rep again. ;-)

Comment

• The like button is better than Rep IMO. You can see how popular someone’s post is. I never really looked at the rep page.

Comment

• I just want a thumbs down button.

Comment

Working...
                X