2012 QB Draft Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 QB Draft Class

Just looking at this class of QB's and what they've done so far. Obviously still very early and many things can happen but this could turn out to be one awesome class of QB's, best in a long long time.

Luck
    Griffin III
    Tannehill
    Wilson
    Foles

Osweiler?

I said it leading up to the draft and I will say it now. In 5 years Foles will be the best of the class. Osweiler will be very good, but Foles will be cream of the crop. Luck's hype was too much and he will never live up to it.

Comment

The best part is Shanahan and the Redskins tanking so bad that the Rams will get a Top 5 pick, if not the same pick they traded up to get RGIII @ two years ago. .

Comment

They need to shake things up in Indy. They brought in his old OC from college, drafted his TE, brought in a former WR.

Luck is obviously a great talent in QB but they need to stop trying to replicate what he did at Stanford. This is the NFL.

And they blew it with Richardson. It won't happen because of what they gave up for him but they should probably just cut their losses at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
          I said it leading up to the draft and I will say it now. In 5 years Foles will be the best of the class. Osweiler will be very good, but Foles will be cream of the crop. Luck's hype was too much and he will never live up to it.
          I seriously wanted Foles in that draft as well. He even looked like Elway kinda. We'll see how Osweiler turns out. He is sitting behind a legend and getting to learn but Foles just looks like he's turning it on big time. Love how he protects the ball too. You don't see that from many young QB's. They normally throw picks all over the place. I still think Luck could turn out to be the best. I've watched alot of his games this year and he's had just a **** ton of dropped passes on him. He's solid. Griffin obviously is trending downward.

Comment

2012 is masked by the read option for two guys - RG3 and Wilson - but that looks like a good class of QB's longterm. That will be one of the best overall classes, IMO.

Osweiler? Dude doesn't even get a chance to get reps with the first teamers, so who knows? I'll admire the guy if he can duplicate what Aaron Rodgers did by maintaining his concentration and stepping up into an HOF's shoes.

Comment

In five years, all anyone will be talking about will be LIVING LIFE TO IT'S FULLEST; because the burrito-eating, Buddhist-spouting QB who plays for the predominantly-orange good guys will have just finished his second 60-TD season!

People will be all, "Hey, remember that quarterback class of 2012! There was Brock Osweiler, and, um - WHO CARES? IT'S THE CLASS OF BROCK OSWEILER!"

Comment

#Brockweiler4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                  I still like Luck the best of this bunch but man you're right Foles has looked good. He reminds me of Peyton Manning a little bit in that what he lacks in physical tools he seems to make up for in smarts. Kid just plays good, smart football. Mastered Kelly's offense, reads defenses, reacts to blitzes well, doesn't make bad throws and stupid plays, etc. I'm glad we played the Eagles when we did because Foles has transformed that O, and their D has improved dramatically. And unlike most teams in the league they've avoided injuries. They're a couple of DB's and maybe a big WR away from being a serious playoff contender.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                    I still like Luck the best of this bunch but man you're right Foles has looked good. He reminds me of Peyton Manning a little bit in that what he lacks in physical tools he seems to make up for in smarts. Kid just plays good, smart football. Mastered Kelly's offense, reads defenses, reacts to blitzes well, doesn't make bad throws and stupid plays, etc. I'm glad we played the Eagles when we did because Foles has transformed that O, and their D has improved dramatically. And unlike most teams in the league they've avoided injuries. They're a couple of DB's and maybe a big WR away from being a serious playoff contender.
                    ? What does Foles lack in physical tools? He's 6'6, got good arm strength and decent wheels for a guy his size. Am I missing something?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G3F-JocEokI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    Last edited by ZONA; 12-03-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                      #Brockweiler4lyfe
                      Or if he does bad. . .

It's the #hardbrocklifeforus

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                        ? What does Foles lack in physical tools? He's 6'6, got good arm strength and decent wheels for a guy his size. Am I missing something?
                        He doesn't have a cannon arm and he's not terribly mobile. Not remotely the athlete of guys like Luck, Wilson, or RGIII.

Comment

He doesn't have a cannon arm and he's not terribly mobile. Not remotely the athlete of guys like Luck, Wilson, or RGIII.
                          Oh I know he's not an athlete to the likes of Wilson and RG3. But I really don't think that's the margin for QB's. Now a guy who can't move at all, like Brady, or Manning, that's what you call a "LACK" of mobility. Foles has pretty decent wheels. Not going to run like Wilson, but then Wilson runs more like a WR or RB. Luck doesn't run like Wilson and RG3 either. He's a tad more faster then Foles but not terribly faster. I get what you're after though. He's not an elite physical talent but I wouldn't say he's got short comings in those areas and that he has to make up for it, as you would say with a Manning or Brady type of QB. And same with his arm. He's not got a rifle like Vick, that's why I changed that comment, but he can make all the throws and his ball does have good zip and a tight spiral. Again, not elite but not what you could call a lack of physical ability.

Comment

The three greatest QBs of the past decade (Manning, Brady, and Brees) have not had cannon arms or great mobility. I think you are looking for the wrong things in a QB. Nick Foles' physical abilities are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                              The three greatest QBs of the past decade (Manning, Brady, and Brees) have not had cannon arms or great mobility. I think you are looking for the wrong things in a QB. Nick Foles' physical abilities are fine.
                              No, you're just misinterpreting what I'm saying. Zona summed it up pretty well in the post above. I wasn't being critical of Foles, in fact to the contrary. And I think if you read my post more carefully you'll see that. I'm just saying that he isn't an elite physical talent like Luck, but he makes up for it by being a heady football player.

Comment

Working...
                              X