Mike Shanahan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Shanahan

Has the game passed him by? Firstly, I generally never trust someone that would hire their own kid. It wreaks of bad decision making, but there are exceptions to the that. I think Shanahan has coached his last season or maybe second to last season as a head coach in the NFL. What do you think? And does it tarnish his standing as a head coach in the NFL?

Yes game has passed him by if he has to pick staff, players, draft etc. I think he can still gameplan and call plays just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      Yes game has passed him by if he has to pick staff, players, draft etc. I think he can still gameplan and call plays just fine.
      Yeah...they jumped on the Giants yesterday, but there didn't seem like a big adjustment was made later in the game.

Comment

I don't know what has happened with Shanahan, but man how times have changed. My theory is that he is to much of an ego maniac and surrounds himself with Yes Men. He did it in Denver and now again in Washington. The talent got him over the hump in Denver, but he doesn't have as much in Washington and has a newbie QB versus on of the GOAT's finishing his career. That alone is a big difference.

That said, overcoming Snyder and the hole Washington was in before he got there is a tough spot, not to mention the salary cap restriction they have. Isn't going to get any easier next year though as they don't have their first round pick and have a big contract for Orakpo if they want to keep him.

Comment

I agree that he's a great offensive coach, can gameplan well and call plays very well. I think he would be much more successful as an offensive coordinator. I don't see him voluntarily demoting though. I'm sure he'll hold out for a HC position if Washington gives him the boot.

Comment

In before Rev, SoCal and Cito Pelon have their rebuttal.

Comment

Mike Shanahan, Redskins
              He is 3-8 going into Sunday night’s game against the Giants and 24-35 in his fourth year in Washington. His five-year $35 million contract is up in 2014. His owner is Dan Snyder, who has had six coaches since he bought the team in 1999. After winning the NFC East last season, Shanahan made a horrendous decision not pulling an injured Robert Griffin III from the playoff loss to the Seahawks. Maybe he really can’t win without John Elway. Joe Gibbs came out of retirement to coach four years for Snyder. He was 31-36 before retiring again despite Snyder begging him to stay. I think there’s a good chance Snyder asks Shanahan to leave.
              Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2mMA5TI11

Comment

Unfortunately he's always been a homer for his guys. It pains me saying that as I like Mike a lot. The fact that I still see Bob Slowik stalking the sidelines for the Redskins tells me that Mike has never learned his lesson.

Comment

All that needs to be said:

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan expects Bob Slowik to make a smooth transition from defensive backs coach to linebackers coach and believes the 18-year veteran can help bolster Washington’s deepest position.

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...71NQ_blog.html

Comment

He's still a tremendous gameplanner and no matter what he'll ultimately be considered a great HC. Winning two Superbowls puts him in some extremely exclusive company.

As for the future, I'm not sure. I think he may be done, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him build another contender.

Comment

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ll-week-13-nfl

And the scary thing for Washington fans is that it's going to probably get worse before it gets better. The cap penalties for the uncapped shenanigans come off the books after this year, but Washington will have to take that space and apply it to a new deal for Brian Orakpo, with contract extensions for Griffin, Alfred Morris, and Ryan Kerrigan lurking in the near future. It will probably fire the Shanaclan after this disappointing campaign, which means that it'll have to go through the transition to a new coaching staff and, possibly, a new scheme.

Comment

If Washington lose out and Houston win one more game (they have Jags and Titans left on the board to name two) Washington will have the #1 overall pick....which would go to St.Louis as part of the RGIII trade.

Yeah, he's ****ed.

Comment

I guess this place needed more drama surely you are aware of the ****storm you are about to create starting this thread right?

Those who defend Shanny will do so without reason or regard to what is actually happening in the present time

I think Shanny is a good coach and great offensive mind but his stubbornness is going to continue to sink that team

He still seems to be making the same mistakes in DC as he was when he was here

Comment

Originally posted by spiralism View Post
                            If Washington lose out and Houston win one more game (they have Jags and Titans left on the board to name two) Washington will have the #1 overall pick....which would go to St.Louis as part of the RGIII trade.

Yeah, he's ****ed.
                            Wow...

Comment

BTW I think they still beat the Chiefs this Sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X