Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time for Champ to hang it up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's time for Champ to hang it up

    I hate to say it, but Champ Bailey needs to get his retirement papers in order, because this needs to be his last season.

    There was a time when I thought Denver could convert him to a safety and maybe buy another two years. But after watching him get injured (yet again) on the 2nd play from scrimmage against KC today, I'm afraid that even a safety role is more than his body can handle.

    Champ has been one of my favorite players over the last decade, but guys like Richard Sherman are now the yardstick for "Shut-Down Corners" and Champ is just a shadow of his old self.

  • #2
    Yep. Dude's body is breaking down. It happens sometimes.

    Comment


    • #3
      He knows it too.

      Comment


      • #4
        idiot thread

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
          idiot thread
          Idiot response, at least give reason why you think the way you do. Atleast the guy went on record.. which is more then I can say you did... Didn't you make some of the most retarded statements earlier this year?

          Champs done. Thank you for your service. It is my opinion that he lived on his name for years. I remember it all started with Champ can't hang with the double move. after that he was exposed. He never did Denver favors by taking less salary to get the championship he wanted, Even after Peyton signed. Enjoy retirement

          Comment


          • #6
            We have to win it all for him this year, even if he cannot be an integral part of it. The guy has been one of the best CB's ever to wear our colours and the disrespect he gets from some of the posters on here is a joke.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
              We have to win it all for him this year, even if he cannot be an integral part of it. The guy has been one of the best CB's ever to wear our colours and the disrespect he gets from some of the posters on here is a joke.
              a difference of opinion. He was great for a couple years. 2010 or 2011 on, he lived off his name.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                Idiot response, at least give reason why you think the way you do. Atleast the guy went on record.. which is more then I can say you did... Didn't you make some of the most retarded statements earlier this year?

                Champs done. Thank you for your service. It is my opinion that he lived on his name for years. I remember it all started with Champ can't hang with the double move. after that he was exposed. He never did Denver favors by taking less salary to get the championship he wanted, Even after Peyton signed. Enjoy retirement
                Know what? Von didn't look -- "dominating" (nothing like he's playing now) -- when he first came back after his 6-game break. Hasn't Champ earned at least a couple of active weeks to get into "football shape" before we fans simply write him off as "washed up"? He's been injured most of the year and it's (IMHO) an unrealistic expectation to think he should be back out there shutting down his side of the field (like he does when he's 100%) in his very first quarter of play against a division rival in their house.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would be fine with a move to Safety at this point. I love Champ, he's one of my favorite players of all time. Class guy, HOF player, IMO the best CB to ever play the game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You're kidding right blueflame? Champ has had all offseason and all this yr to get healthy. He just can't do it. There is an outside chance he could make a comeback next yr but comparing him to a young player like Von is silly.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                      You're kidding right blueflame? Champ has had all offseason and all this yr to get healthy. He just can't do it. There is an outside chance he could make a comeback next yr but comparing him to a young player like Von is silly.
                      Actually the point is that (especially at his "geriatric age" ) he just might need a little bit of time to get into "football shape" -- significantly more time than a young player like Von would need. It isn't Champ's fault that he had the misfortune to be re-injured earlier in the season. While one can say "well, he just can't get healthy" -- it's also a fact that an injury can happen on any play in the NFL and the player's age doesn't matter. What's "silly" is judging his future based on limited playing time in his first game back after injury.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                        We have to win it all for him this year, even if he cannot be an integral part of it. The guy has been one of the best CB's ever to wear our colours and the disrespect he gets from some of the posters on here is a joke.
                        I think most everyone wants him to go out with a ring. This is pretty much his last shot at it unless he goes into coaching.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Champ said after the game that he wasn't re injured, the team just benched him in favor of Webster, Jammer and Harris.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bpc View Post
                            Champ said after the game that he wasn't re injured, the team just benched him in favor of Webster, Jammer and Harris.
                            Getting benched in favor of of Webster and Jammer? Yeah that's a very bad sign...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                              Getting benched in favor of of Webster and Jammer? Yeah that's a very bad sign...
                              JDR said they went into the game with the intention of not playing Champ that much. I think Champ still has ability if he's healthy; it's just getting there.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X