Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton getting healthy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton getting healthy

    Is it just me, or was today's game the first time in maybe 5 weeks that PFM threw with authority. One bad interception one fluky one, but overall he went downfield with velocity and accuracy all day. The prior 5 weeks it seemed like he was surviving on moxie.

    We have done a much better job lately of keeping him clean - a combination of scheme, play-calling, and an emerging running game - and IMHO this is a really big deal. A healthy PFM and some semblance of a healthy defense bodes well for this team as we head into the playoffs!!

    Go Broncos!!

  • #2
    That 1st INT was close to being on the money between two DB's, still DT should have caught it or knocked it down. The 2nd INT, was concerned. Wasn't even close and seemed to lose all velocity on the throw.

    The TD's he was throwing in the 2nd half though... man, those were awesome to watch. Didn't see many ducks from him this game so hopefully his ankles are getting better and he can drive the ball coming down the stretch and into the playoffs. Didn't hurt that it was around 50 degrees for most of the game.

    Comment


    • #3
      He looked rough to begin with. I don't know what the deal is but I hope it continues

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the emergence of a credible running game has been another important factor. I can guarantee you that he did not average 2 secs to throw the ball today because he did not need to. He had tons of time on many plays letting the patterns develop down field. I think our ability to run had a lot to do with that.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the offense made a real effort to be more aggressive today in the passing game.

          Seems like we've not thrown deep as often in recent games as we were early in the year. Lots of high percentage passes with a reliance on YAC will always be the cornerstone of this O, but you have to push it down the field when the opportunity is there . For one it gives you more room to hit the underneath stuff, and secondly when you have the QB and weapons we have you'll win a lot of those downfield battles. Sure you'll have incompletions, but you'll hit enough to make it worthwhile and probably get some flags too.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Joker View Post
            I think the offense made a real effort to be more aggressive today in the passing game.

            Seems like we've not thrown deep as often in recent games as we were early in the year. Lots of high percentage passes with a reliance on YAC will always be the cornerstone of this O, but you have to push it down the field when the opportunity is there . For one it gives you more room to hit the underneath stuff, and secondly when you have the QB and weapons we have you'll win a lot of those downfield battles. Sure you'll have incompletions, but you'll hit enough to make it worthwhile and probably get some flags too.
            This. I could easily tell the improvement once we decided we weren't just going to play it safe and dink and dunk all F'n day. Once they decided to just put the pedal to the metal and start attacking deep, I could see the vigor and confidence in PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Joker View Post
              I think the offense made a real effort to be more aggressive today in the passing game.
              I agree, and I wonder how much of our timidness was PFM being too gimpy to really throw the long ball with authority.

              There were a couple of long passes over the last 5 games but it seemed to me they were more incredible touch passes. Tonight he threw lasers.

              Comment


              • #8
                he had a terrible start, but that might have had a lot to do with his protection.

                But I'm not looking forward to his cold weather games ....gulp

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                  he had a terrible start, but that might have had a lot to do with his protection.

                  But I'm not looking forward to his cold weather games ....gulp
                  At least they should be at home, if we can take care of business. This weekend Tennessee here, next Thursday SD here. Then road games at Houston (dome) and at Oakland (NorCal weather should be ok right?).

                  Then playoffs. Cold to be sure, but all at home if we can win out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It would be great for Broncos to get 2 games in front of pats by the last week so they could rest some vets. Not sit them but you know maybe run the ball with all the backs and get Manning out early.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you are worried about Manning, well, you have little man complex.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the OP is correct. I think his ankles are getting better. And we clearly figured out pass protection against the Chiefs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by whoeey View Post
                          If you are worried about Manning, well, you have little man complex.
                          So we shouldn't be worried that our team got beat in the playoffs last year. You cant blame that all on Moore homeboy. Manning is culpable as well. There are theories out there that have some substance to them. But then again lets go full on homer here!!!


                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom. While he sits by his hearth at home. Quickly finds when questioned by others . That he knows nothing at all.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You should always be worried. Superbowls are hard to win.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                              So we shouldn't be worried that our team got beat in the playoffs last year. You cant blame that all on Moore homeboy. Manning is culpable as well. There are theories out there that have some substance to them. But then again lets go full on homer here!!!


                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom. While he sits by his hearth at home. Quickly finds when questioned by others . That he knows nothing at all.
                              So I should be worried about something I don't know will happen and have absolutely no control of?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X