throw the damn ball to Moreno !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throw the damn ball to Moreno !

for weeks i have been complaining/ imploring PFM to throw the dang ball to moreno, finally he does it this week and every single catch goes for either a TD or a first down! wake the F up manning!
    KM should be getting 10 receptions a game !
    25 touches total !

Moreno has set career season highs in receptions and receiving yardage this year.....not sure where you think he's not being used in the passing game

Comment

Honestly, I really like what Ball has been doing. Even against the Patriots before the fumble I like the way he runs. He is shifty and doesn't take terrible hits. He just needs to get used to running to protect the ball. It took Tiki Barber 7 seasons, surely Ball can learn in a few.

Comment

Yeah, if dumb ol Manning would have thrown more to Moreno Broncos might have won this game!

Comment

It sounds better than throw the ball to Ball.

Comment

I agree Kaylore, Ball was running very well today and each week is making significant strides just in time to be peaking for the playoffs and help spell Moreno more each week going forward keeping Knowshon fresher for the big games in Denver and New York.

If we can just get some injury break these next games and it looks promising Wolfe will be back soon and DRC as well as JT and just no more serious injuries we might be able to tighten up the pass defense quite a bit as well as the run D.

I hope Champ can round into shape and at least can play second or third string corner or possibly safety while also being a good player coach for the young guys during the critical next two months, but I'm beginning to think he might be seriously done as a starting top two CB in the league, sad as that is to acknowledge after all his years of glory here.

Comment

Before the season started I predicted KM would start (sorry but this was obvious) and would take a while for Ball to learn the O but thought he might start by mid-season. I was off a bit because KM stayed healthy and played even better than I expected. But Ball sure seems to be rounding into form the last 3 or 4 games.

The emergence of a legitimate running game with a 1 2 punch is pretty sweet. Some of the big numbers have come because defenses have been setting up to stop the pass, but that is kinda the point. It is going to be a lot harder for defenses to ignore the running game than it was early in the season.

Comment

I thought the play actions from under center worked perfectly. Would like to see more of that instead of shotgun play actions.

Comment

I really like how Ball has been running lately
                  The fumbles have me a little nervous still

But I wouldn't mind a Ball/Moreno 50 50 timeshare from here on out

Obviously Moreno still needs to be a focal point of the offense
                  He is the heart and soul of the offense

Comment

Moreno has 202 carries for 842 yards 4.2 ypc , with 42 rec. for 414 yards 9.9 ypc with 11 total TD's (9 rushing 2 receiving)

He's a very important cog in our offensive machine.....

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                      Moreno has 202 carries for 842 yards 4.2 ypc , with 42 rec. for 414 yards 9.9 ypc with 11 total TD's (9 rushing 2 receiving)

He's a very important cog in our offensive machine.....
                      But he was drafted by mcd, so you have to adjust it post pansy tears. Only 259 total yards since ever.

Comment

I think with Ball finally coming on(If he can just stop fumbling) that the ground game will be even more potent. The real issue will be how and when they get rotated.

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                          But he was drafted by mcd, so you have to adjust it post pansy tears. Only 259 total yards since ever.
                          Yeah, McDaniels did draft him......but I think we all know who his worse 1st round pick was.

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                            Yeah, McDaniels did draft him......but I think we all know who his worse 1st round pick was.
                            Ayers? Nah... Didn't ayers start in that playoff game we won? You know that game right?

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                              Ayers? Nah... Didn't ayers start in that playoff game we won? You know that game right?
                              Yeah, who could forget how Demaryius Thomas carried us to victory in that playoff game with over 140 yards after the catch and his 80 yard catch and run for the win in OT.

BTW.....Ayers, Moreno and Thomas are still in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X