Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any updates on the injuries to Moreno, DRC and Vickerson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpc View Post
    This will sound crazy, but I'm most concerned about Vickerson and DRC. Those two left in the 2nd half and IMO played as big a role to NE's 2nd half resurgence as anything. Vick/Knighton make it virtually impossible to run on the interior of Denver's defense with their size and the speed we have at LB. With regards to DRC, dude is our best cover corner and has been awesome in coverage this year. His only weakness is that he has HORRIBLE hands. They are downright awful and it showed again unfortunately as he faceplanted into the ground and hurt his shoulder. If he is out for an extended period of time, along w/ Champ, that is going to open up opposing passing games.

Really frustrating to watch champ in street clothes week after week. Seems like an unusually long recovery period for whatever issue he has.

Knowshon has been fantastic this year but this most recent injury is what Moreno is. Dude gets hurt with extended responsibility. This may be a saving grace for Ball/Hillman. They might HAVE to play now and because of that, maybe their confidence will improve. My confidence in them won't however until they stop playing like b****es putting the ball on the carpet at the most inopportune times.
    Is champ taking up a roster spot right now Or do we cut someone when he returns...

Comment

Moreno is a big loss too. He runs hard and pass blocks the best. If RB's didn't fumble alot I wouldn't care as much but, they do so this could be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
        Moreno is a big loss too. He runs hard and pass blocks the best. If RB's didn't fumble alot I wouldn't care as much but, they do so this could be bad.
        Yep, he sure helps out a hobbled Manning.... As has become a physical leader on the team.

I was wrong about Knowshon a few years back.... I hope Ball makes the doubters look like fools as well..

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On NFL Insiders, ESPN's Adam Schefter on Knowshon Moreno's ankle injury: &quot;My understanding is it's not serious.&quot;</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/405065445423599617">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Update on Chiefs injuries:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...y-chiefs-mixed

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>JDR: &quot;a couple of the injuries we were concerned about are not gonna be significant, day to day, 1 guy we haven't heard back on is Vickerson</p>&mdash; Brandon Krisztal (@BKDenverSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/BKDenverSports/statuses/405068961001119744">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>JDR: &quot;Knowshon has a bruised ankle, I'd expect you see him on the practice field, (DRC) could be back as well…&quot;</p>&mdash; Brandon Krisztal (@BKDenverSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/BKDenverSports/statuses/405069119990427648">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Del Rio: &quot;I believe we&#39;ll get Champ back&quot; this week. Said same with Julius Thomas.</p>&mdash; Gray Caldwell (@GrayCaldwell) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrayCaldwell/statuses/405069140416679936">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

Originally posted by rolandftw View Post
                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On NFL Insiders, ESPN's Adam Schefter on Knowshon Moreno's ankle injury: &quot;My understanding is it's not serious.&quot;</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/405065445423599617">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

Del Rio presser

1. Have not heard back on Vickerson's hip
                  2. KM bruised ankle, day to day, could see him on practice field late in the week
                  3. DRC day to day. Not serious

Comment

That's about as good of news as you could expect.

on the KC front, sounds like they are more worried about Houston, then Hali.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Thank christ. Hoped it was just a wear issue with Know, he's never had a workload like that.

Comment

Hopefully big Vick isn't serious and we should be rolling for kc!

Comment

But but but what about Omar Bolden!?!?!?!

Comment

Thank God on DRCs injury not being serious.

I'm just not expecting much from Champ if/when he returns.

Just holding my breath on Vick now......huge cog in our dominant run defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                                Id put money that Moreno doesn't play. This game did damage physically and mentally. Putting the practice squad on the field next week isn't gonna get it done. Alex smith will do enough against a soft zone coverage. And this teams depth sucks to the point they can't play man without DRC
                                Schef tweeted this:

Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno has a bruised ankle and team believes he'll practice this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X