Engineering Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering Question

I know Minnesota had that like, bubble thing there for their stadium.

Can we throw one of them bad boys up?

Yes

Comment

But havnt you heard? Bowlen is broke!

Comment

NO. They've used all the material they have to craft PFM's helmet.

Comment

The structure they would need to put in place to cover the span required for the size of mile high is a lot. If they had planned for a dome from the start the steel structure would have been much greater in size. To go and retrofit onto that structure would take a lot of support and probably require some tear down and rebuilding of portions.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
            The structure they would need to put in place to cover the span required for the size of mile high is a lot. If they had planned for a dome from the start the steel structure would have been much greater in size. To go and retrofit onto that structure would take a lot of support and probably require some tear down and rebuilding of portions.
            So you're saying we can't just throw a tarp on a toilet bowl like they did with the MetroDump?

Comment

I don't want a dome... Football is to played on grass in snow, rain, swirling winds..

Peyton better get a better glove, lots of cold games coming up..

Comment

I think this may not be a bad idea but I cannot say if its cost effective to the front office and/or against their philosophy. If Denver wants to continue witht the passing game as a signature of their franchise they need a dome. This way home field advantage and the superbowl (often played in warm climates) won't affect our team philosophy of airing it out.

Comment

I just did a little research on this. You're welcome.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                    NO. They've used all the material they have to craft PFM's helmet.
                    HA! Brought a smile to my face on a dreary Monday!

Comment

Okay, the Broncos should do it! It might be their only hope. And get the NFL to do the same for the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                        I don't want a dome... Football is to played on grass in snow, rain, swirling winds..

Peyton better get a better glove, lots of cold games coming up..
                        I don't care for domes either, but I want to see this Broncos team win the Super Bowl this year, so they gotta do what they gotta do!

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderH8r View Post
                          So you're saying we can't just throw a tarp on a toilet bowl like they did with the MetroDump?
                          Well he said engineering. Now tarps, that's a whole other story. Get me some duct tape, they make broncos logo versions, some ball bearings, some string, PVC pipe, 2x4's, and some 2 in 1 oil. Half a day and some Miller High Life (very important that it is the champagne), we got this.

Comment

Reverse-Dome
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well he said engineering. Now tarps, that's a whole other story. Get me some duct tape, they make broncos logo versions, some ball bearings, some string, PVC pipe, 2x4's, and some 2 in 1 oil. Half a day and some Miller High Life (very important that it is the champagne), we got this.
                              With duct tape and PVC pipe, you can build just about anything! If that's all we need to save the Broncos season, I'm heading down to Home Depot right now! Hell, they might have that stuff on clearance.

Comment

Working...
                              X