Denver will end up with the #1 seed in the AFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver will end up with the #1 seed in the AFC

Denver is a great team. They have folded at the most un-opportune times over the past 2 years, which is getting mighty old. But Denver will finish this regular season with the #1 seed (again).

All I pray, and all we should all be praying, is that we finally capitalize on the seeding. When the chips are down, win the big game! When it's all or nothing, come through! Get the #1 seed and use it all the way to the Super Bowl!

I believe the Broncos will still finish #1 even with this Patsies hiccup. But the #1 seed means nothing if you don't make it to the Super Bowl! Come on Broncos! Win the regular season. But more importantly, WIN THE PLAYOFFS!

I hope you're right. Probably all comes down to next week.

Comment

We still control our own destiny. Win next week and we forget all about this.

Comment

Sweet, just like last year.

... oh wait

Comment

It means you probably get Cincinnati at home, followed by the winner of New England/Kansas City/Indy at home. I'm all for getting New England at home I believe that would be an entirely different story, to the tune of about a 17-poiunt win.

Comment

...and then piss it all away...

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
              ...and then piss it all away...
              ...yeah, kinda the point of the thread. I'm praying that this time around, we capitalize on the seeding advantage!

Comment

Seeding doesn't help when it could be cold in Denver.

Better to play a dome team on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
                  Seeding doesn't help when it could be cold in Denver.

Better to play a dome team on the road.
                  SEE, MANNING IS SMARTER THAN YOU, TRYING TO SET UP GAMES IN INDY.

Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncobiv View Post
                    Denver is a great team. They have folded at the most un-opportune times over the past 2 years, which is getting mighty old. But Denver will finish this regular season with the #1 seed (again).

All I pray, and all we should all be praying, is that we finally capitalize on the seeding. When the chips are down, win the big game! When it's all or nothing, come through! Get the #1 seed and use it all the way to the Super Bowl!

I believe the Broncos will still finish #1 even with this Patsies hiccup. But the #1 seed means nothing if you don't make it to the Super Bowl! Come on Broncos! Win the regular season. But more importantly, WIN THE PLAYOFFS!
                    For most other franchises I would say yes. But the Broncos have lost 4 Superbowls so "getting" there and not winning would be just as big a failure as if you lost in the AFC Championship game IMO. There's no 2nd place prize. This is a golden chance these next few years to grab some hardware.

Comment

I'm fine with the naysaying, just like I was fine sitting next to people who heckled Elway back in the day. I just don't want to see you guys pound your chests on February 2nd like you knew it was going to happen.

Comment

Will gladly take my medicine if that happens.

Fully expect one and done, probably out of the #1 seed. Mind you, with half the team going down it could well be a defeat in KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Blart View Post
                          I'm fine with the naysaying, just like I was fine sitting next to people who heckled Elway back in the day. I just don't want to see you guys pound your chests on February 2nd like you knew it was going to happen.
                          Did you earn your deputy fan police badge from Errand the old fashioned way, or did you just blow him?

Comment

That's pretty insensitive, Dr. Broncenstein. Maybe Errand got his card from Blart? Maybe they deputized each other?

Comment

Originally posted by spiralism View Post
                              Will gladly take my medicine if that happens.

Fully expect one and done, probably out of the #1 seed. Mind you, with half the team going down it could well be a defeat in KC.
                              How often does one's favorite team win a championship? Once in a lifetime? Twice? Even for the most successful teams, the majority of seasons end with a loss.

So the odds are on your side. Failure is a good bet.

But if Peyton F. Manning and his historically high-scoring offense don't inspire you to bet the other way for one season - what team would? Seriously, what would it take?

I can't think of a better team this year.

Neither can Vegas.
                              Last edited by Blart; 11-25-2013, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X