What the KC loss means.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the KC loss means.

So I know this is blowing up in several threads, but this loss is huge for several reasons.
    1. It's a division loss - at home. They still have to go into San Diego and their next several games are more difficult.
    2. Losing to a division opponent means we could techinically lose tonight and it wouldn't hurt us because division wins and losses count more than conference wins and losses. Also the Chargers have lost more games so it hurts them from a strength of opponent perspective.....
    3. Their home game against us is their Super Bowl. They HAVE to beat us next week to have a prayer at winning the division.
    4. Unfortunately they lost their two best pass rushers this game. That helps us in a cheap way. Hopefully for the Chiefs at least Houston can come back. I remember Trevathan being carted off the field in a practice and then playing that Sunday, so there might be some hope, but in all liklihood they're losing Hali for at least our game and maybe Houston and Hali for an extended period of time.

I kind of had a feeling the Chargers would win. They're that kind of team. A nice win that gives us wiggle room tonight. If we lose tonight, we're functionally no different going into Arrowhead. If we win tonight we have a two and a half game lead going into Arrowhead and at worst would leave with a loss and still the division lead on account of tie-breakers. HUGE HUGE loss for the Chiefs today.

One thing I will also say is you started to see the team doubt themselves and the fans too a bit. They are starting to realize that while they can play and beat anyone in the NFL, they are also a team that can lose to anyone in the NFL.

Basically the Chiefs are who we thought they were.
    Last edited by Kaylore; 11-24-2013, 02:00 PM.

Means we better damn well take advantage of a beaten up NE team and get that one game lead.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR OPPORTUNITIES..................

Comment

Great spot for the Broncos right now. Win and we're effectively two up on KC, and effectively 4 up on NE.

Lose and we're still in first holding the #1 seed.

Comment

In before KCStud says, 4 defenders out and we didn't give up 48 like you guys.

Comment

It means KC is who we thought they were.

Comment

It means the chiefs are going to go from 9-0 to 9-3 in just 3 weeks!

Comment

Naturally we want the win but even with the loss, the Broncos are still in 1st.

Comment

The Chiefs' wave crested last week. It is all downhill for them from here.

Comment

Good recap - this division loss for the Chiefs really helps us.

I could see the Chiefs having a late season collapse after a great start similar to the McDaniels 2009 broncos.

Comment

Is there a gif of Andy Reid fat boxingg out Phylyp yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      So I know this is blowing up in several threads, but this loss is huge for several reasons.
                      1. It's a division loss - at home. They still have to go into San Diego and their next several games are more difficult.
                      2. Losing to a division opponent means we could techinically lose tonight and it wouldn't hurt us because division wins and losses count more than conference wins and losses. Also the Chargers have lost more games so it hurts them from a strength of opponent perspective.....
                      3. Their home game against us is their Super Bowl. They HAVE to beat us next week to have a prayer at winning the division.
                      4. Unfortunately they lost their two best pass rushers this game. That helps us in a cheap way. Hopefully for the Chiefs at least Houston can come back. I remember Trevathan being carted off the field in a practice and then playing that Sunday, so there might be some hope, but in all liklihood they're losing Hali for at least our game and maybe Houston and Hali for an extended period of time.

I kind of had a feeling the Chargers would win. They're that kind of team. A nice win that gives us wiggle room tonight. If we lose tonight, we're functionally no different going into Arrowhead. If we win tonight we have a two and a half game lead going into Arrowhead and at worst would leave with a loss and still the division lead on account of tie-breakers. HUGE HUGE loss for the Chiefs today.

One thing I will also say is you started to see the team doubt themselves and the fans too a bit. They are starting to realize that while they can play and beat anyone in the NFL, they are also a team that can lose to anyone in the NFL.

Basically the Chiefs are who we thought they were.
                      11-5 and a quick wildcard playoff exit. It was a nice little run.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                        [*]Their home game against us is their Super Bowl.
                        How is this different from every other year?

Comment

It was a moral victory for KC - Chris collinsworth

Comment

This is huge. We win tonight, technically 2 games up on the Chiefs.
                            Even if we lose next week after beating the Pats, we still hold the lead on them.

Comment

Nice gift today but, I want US to win it ourselves not rely on others to help us that is how great teams do it.
                              Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 11-24-2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X