Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver’s Scoring Pace

Good read.

Today’s insane statistic comes courtesy of RJ Bell: the difference between Denver and the #2 team in points per game is larger than the difference between the #2 and #31 teams. The Broncos are averaging 39.8 points per game this season, 11.6 points more than the (surprisingly second-ranked) Bears. And Chicago is averaging just 9.9 more points per game than the Jets, the #31 ranked scoring team.
    http://www.footballperspective.com/d...gbrady-update/

That is an insane stat. (No sarcasm)

Comment

I do not think it will continue. We are not looking as unbeatable on the offensive side lately and if we win tonight and clinch next week (Is it even possible) we will start to rest some injured players.

Comment

I don't care about the '13 Broncos winning any stat geek "best offense ever" arguments - the '07 patriots tried that, and their season isn't one I'd like to copy.

Comment

It's nice, it's fun, and compared to watching all the warm up acts today, it's makes watching the Broncos a pleasure, but let's keep the end in mind. It will not mean squat if we don't finish with a W at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Blart View Post
            I don't care about the '13 Broncos winning any stat geek "best offense ever" arguments - the '07 patriots tried that, and their season isn't one I'd like to copy.
            Agree with the sentiment in general (it just takes one off day to invalidate a year of dominance), but I think the 07 Pats get used as a "cautionary" tale too often. They were probably the best team of all-time and lost against a red-hot Giants team that was a perfect match for them (in terms of strengths/weaknesses) in a really competitive game that swung on a 1-in-a-million freak play.

So if Denver is mirroring that team statistically, I say it's something to be excited about, a sign that the team is set up well to continue winning.

Comment

The '07 pats would keep their starters in-game and throw deep balls while they're up by ~20 points with minutes left in the 4th quarter.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0709090nyj.htm
              http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0712230nwe.htm

JDR certainly could have let Manning drop back and run the score up on the Chiefs last week, but he has different priorities.
              Last edited by Blart; 11-24-2013, 04:27 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                I do not think it will continue. We are not looking as unbeatable on the offensive side lately and if we win tonight and clinch next week (Is it even possible) we will start to rest some injured players.
                Not possible to clinch #1 next week, or the div. We would be 11-1, Chiefs 9-3 with 4 to go. A win tonight would put NE in a bad position for a bye at 7-4 , but Indy and Cinci are fading some at 7-4 also.

Win the next 3 and a clinch of the div is likely if KC loses another single game after ours, but we need the other 3 to lose one more also to clinch the #1 seed. I had thought that Indy was going to give KC trouble but they are really fading fast.

Comment

Im with the sentiment that only cares about titles. Although I do love watching the broncos dominate id take close games and a Superbowl title anyday
                  !

Comment

Actually wouldn't mind matching the 18-1 win/loss total of the '07 cheats at this point...

Comment

Working...
                    X