Cold in Foxboro Sunday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold in Foxboro Sunday night

I live in Connecticut and we are expecting the coldest day of the year Sunday. High of 28 with 20-30 mph winds. I would expect it to be really cold for the night game (figures). How does this effect the game plan going into the game? Hopefully they have figured out a way to limit the impact on Manning

Go BRONCOS!!!!!

i like our running attack, get moneyball involved as well as knowshon.

Comment

Manning has been practicing with gloves and apparently throwing well this week. But I think it really comes down to the ground game. Likely both teams will try and win on the ground. I think Brady has better passing stats in the cold than Manning.

Comment

Excellent. Better preparation for the playoffs and a cold Superbowl.

Comment

Stay committed to the running game like last week, even if it's not always effective. A high number of attempts is the best way to protect Manning because it prevents the D from pinning their ears back, and it also should create breathing room in the passing game.

Comment

I say we pass it a lot. Patriots will be reading this forum and figure we are running it a ton but we are not going to do the opposite.

Prepare you frigid asses Patriots!

Comment

It was colder the last two days the Broncos practiced outside. We'll be fine. People need to get off the cold thing. We didn't lose to the Ravens because it was cold in January.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                I say we pass it a lot. Patriots will be reading this forum and figure we are running it a ton but we are not going to do the opposite.

Prepare you frigid asses Patriots!
                Now you've alerted them! The plan is ruined!

Comment

I think everyone assumes we are running a lot because of the weather. I am expecting a lot of passing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      It was colder the last two days the Broncos practiced outside. We'll be fine. People need to get off the cold thing. We didn't lose to the Ravens because it was cold in January.
                      I was right behind Raven bench in the 4th and OT. Our guys could barely get off the f'n ground. Ravens were energized all the way to the end. Cold? Wanted it more? Not sure. I just recall saying to myself "Get up, get moving" and we weren't.

It was ZERO in OT. 28 degrees is nothing though.

Comment

Montee Ball needs to grow up Sunday night. 17 KM carries for 58 yards won't cut it and if this weather holds true, we can't use the short passing game as a defacto running game.

Comment

I'm glad it'll be cold... a good test. Hopefully after the Broncos win the cold weather harpies (most noteably the ones on local radio) will get off this 'Broncos can't win in the cold' crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
                            I was right behind Raven bench in the 4th and OT. Our guys could barely get off the f'n ground. Ravens were energized all the way to the end. Cold? Wanted it more? Not sure. I just recall saying to myself "Get up, get moving" and we weren't.

It was ZERO in OT. 28 degrees is nothing though.
                            I'm with you. The cold wasnt the reason we lost the game, but it def played a part in the demoralization after the Rahim Moore play. It went from cold to, "oh **** I can't feel my body or anything" in an instant. I also think if it were 75 and sunny, the broncos try to make something of that last 30 seconds.

That said, Kaylore's original point stands. Its not like the Broncos will have to change their game plan cause its cold. Maybe if its REALLY windy, but not because its cold.

Comment

Bring on the cold
                              I want to see Ball get going and gash their defense

Even without scoring 40+ the past two weeks we have been able to gain leads and control the entire game

Comment

Working...
                              X