TD or Peterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD or Peterson

I got into a debate with a very knowledgable football junkie (high school HC, dad has 30 yrs HC exp and state championship, bro played D1, pro, and national football analysis) wether its prefered to have TD or Peterson on your team. Out of curiosity who says you? Who is better? Bronco RB standard verse current RB league standard.

AP. And not to take a thing away from TD.

Comment

Man, you have to wonder what AP might have done on those Broncos teams... Of pure speed and skill, you almost have to go AP... No knock on TD, but AP is a once in a decade back... The guy, ACL tear and all is just special.

One of the guys who goes unsung for vision, shiftiness, blocking and a nose for 3rd down yardage and pass catch ability was Thurman Thomas. He's not AP or TD good, but the guy was pretty amazing

Comment

whats the name of the HOF QB that AP plays with?

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
          Right. He's alone out there, pretty amazing really.

Comment

If you were to judge solely by the potency of their sperm, I think you'd have to say AP.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
              Man, you have to wonder what AP might have done on those Broncos teams... Of pure speed and skill, you almost have to go AP... No knock on TD, but AP is a once in a decade back... The guy, ACL tear and all is just special.

One of the guys who goes unsung for vision, shiftiness, blocking and a nose for 3rd down yardage and pass catch ability was Thurman Thomas. He's not AP or TD good, but the guy was pretty amazing
              and yet if you look at thurman thomas' post season numbers, a guy who was in FOUR consecutive superbowls they do not compare with TD !TD has more 100 yard games in the post season than thomas a guy whose team made it to 4 SBs a guy who is in the HOF.
              its bull excrement !

Comment

TD. He played in a league when defenses had less restrictions and he would have **** on Peterson's 2k mark had he been allowed to play full games in 98. Peterson is still an amazing RB though. Likely a HoF'er.

Comment

True and he plays for a guy name Leslie.

Comment

and yet if you look at thurman thomas' post season numbers, a guy who was in FOUR consecutive superbowls they do not compare with TD !TD has more 100 yard games in the post season than thomas a guy whose team made it to 4 SBs a guy who is in the HOF.
                    its bull excrement !
                    Thurman Thomas was also a much better receiver than Davis ever was. After 1996, nothing was the same for him. 15,000 + yards and 80+ touchdowns in 9 healthy seasons is nothing to look down on.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                      Thurman Thomas was also a much better receiver than Davis ever was. After 1996, nothing was the same for him. 15,000 + yards and 80+ touchdowns in 9 healthy seasons is nothing to look down on.
                      TD had really good hands, just wasnt part of our design.

Comment

Peterson.

TD is a legend, but I think AP is the best pure runner I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                          TD. He played in a league when defenses had less restrictions and he would have **** on Peterson's 2k mark had he been allowed to play full games in 98. Peterson is still an amazing RB though. Likely a HoF'er.
                          I agree 100% if TD was not rested in so many games he could have run for 2200 easy !
                          I absolutely love TD, but defenders had more than TD to worry about! and TD played with a great FB too.
                          who is APs wing man/ FB ?
                          AP is easily one of the 5 best RBs of all time, TD top ten.
                          and I love me some TD !

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
                            TD had really good hands, just wasnt part of our design.
                            But, Davis had a decent amount catches his first three years.

Davis was the better pure runner. Thomas was a much better pass catcher. He averaged 11.0 YPC. Pretty darn good!

Comment

TD. Mostly because he's my favorite player ever so I'm really biased in his favor.

Comment

Working...
                              X