Interesting: NFL field goal percentage, 1932-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting: NFL field goal percentage, 1932-2013

Lol, the extra point is the worst play in sports. REALLY wish they would just give a free point, with the option to go for two.

Comment

1944 was a terrible year for kickers.
      next.

Comment

Actually it was 1943. Try again, Luigi.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterhole View Post
          Lol, the extra point is the worst play in sports. REALLY wish they would just give a free point, with the option to go for two.
          It's always a pleasant surprise when the opponent misses an extra point.

Comment

We're gonna see the distant record broken several times in our lifetimes.

Comment

One of my favorite moments will always be when Shanahan brought back the ice the kicker last second timeout against the Raiders, where Jano made the first, they celebrated, and missed the second that actually counted.

Comment

the best FG moment for any bronco fan has to be when TURNER faked his FG at the end of the half and instead caught a TD pass to send the raiders embarassed and dumbfounded in to the lockerroom, never to recover from the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
                  We're gonna see the distant record broken several times in our lifetimes.
                  Accuracy has improved, but I'm surprised the distance record has been 63 for my entire lifetime so far.

Comment

... and when seabass was ready to attempt his 63 yarder at mile high, WE should have taken an off side penalty assuring that he would not co-hold the record by kicking it on our field ! that was stoopid on our part !

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                      ... and when seabass was ready to attempt his 63 yarder at mile high, WE should have taken an off side penalty assuring that he would not co-hold the record by kicking it on our field ! that was stoopid on our part !
                      jankowski probably would have been so pissed that he may have misses the 58 yarder.

Comment

wow, OP is interesting, in a very ho-hum way... lol... not.

Comment

Another was the "fireman drill" and a week 1 game at buffalo, maybe 8-10 years ago. I was at that game, and beers came flying at us as we celebrated. Elam was the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                            Accuracy has improved, but I'm surprised the distance record has been 63 for my entire lifetime so far.
                            I still think DEMPSEYS 61 was the greatest of all time !

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                              Yeah I know. There are records you think will never be broken, and then there's this low hanging fruit. A number of kickers have a leg to possible make it up to 70.

Comment

Working...
                              X