Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REJOICE! Dierdorf to retire after 2013 season

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...013-nfl-season

(IMO the worst announcer out there, hands down)

Are you gonna tell me that this guy isn't passionate about his job?

Comment

Not a big fan of his, but he is certainly not the worst announcer.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
        Not a big fan of his, but he is certainly not the worst announcer.
        Which is why I qualified it with the "IMO"

Comment

This guy's nowhere near the bottom of the totem pole, IMO. He's not one of the guys that engage my mute button. I love his Conrad Dobler stories. Best of luck to him.

Comment

At one time (say 20-25 years ago), he was a mediocre announcer. He just stayed in the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaay too long.

Comment

deirdorf is easily the worst there is!
              cliche after cliche and expressed each time as if he was coining the phrase for the very first time.
              So damned annoying !
              this guy also coddles a jockstrap like no other. player after player is reverred as if he was jim brown reincarnate!
              sometimes I actually agree with his comments but the hyperboli he uses,
              the endless slathering of hero worship he employs and the endless string of cliche phrases makes him almost impossible to listen to unless you incorporate a drinking game to take advantage of his predictable, excessive commentary.
              when I turn on a game and hear his voice, i say ' dear god no, why must it be deirdorf'

DD I hope you enjoy your retirement, I know I will

Comment

I used to love the stupid graphics he would put up every 3rd quarter on MNF when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                  cliche after cliche and expressed each time as if he was coining the phrase for the very first time.
                  So damned annoying !
                  this guy also coddles a jockstrap like no other. player after player is reverred as if he was jim brown reincarnate!
                  the endless slathering of hero worship he employs and the endless string of cliche phrases makes him almost impossible to listen to unless you incorporate a drinking game to take advantage of his predictable, excessive commentary.
                  when I turn on a game and hear his voice, i say ' dear god no, why must it be deirdorf'

So you are saying that people that overuse cliches are annoying?

I wonder if Dierdorf can run the 40.
                  Last edited by Powderaddict; 11-20-2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                    Which is why I qualified it with the "IMO"
                    Eh, Internetz Message Board = IMO

I was just disagreeing with your opinion by giving my opinion

Comment

have you heard phil simms, out of curiosity? how 'bout collinsworth? wilcots?

Comment

See ya dickdorf.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                          have you heard phil simms, out of curiosity? how 'bout collinsworth? wilcots?
                          NO. NEVER HEARD OF THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                            So damned annoying !

Dierdorf also refuses to use capital letters when beginning sentences... Wait!

Comment

I met Dan a few times. Good dude, went to Michigan with my mom, and was best buds with her college boyfriend. So I'm biased to like him...

And I still can't stand it when he calls a game.

Comment

Working...
                              X