Kubiak Must Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubiak Must Go!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren&#39;t sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?</p>&mdash; John Granato (@johngranato) <a href="https://twitter.com/johngranato/statuses/402510612699545600">November 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Don't know who this guy is, or whether it's reliable or not... But it got me thinking about the timing. I think we all expect that John Fox will come back, and if he doesn't, I would imagine that Del Rio would get the job...

I think I'll bring this question up in tonight's podcast to see how our panel reacts to it.

Comment

Half of a bad season after making the playoffs 2 years in a row because you are playing your 3/4 string QB gets you canned?

Comment

I felt like going back to Schaub on Sunday was something of a panic move. Surprising, given the season that Keenum has had.

Comment

When I first read the title of this thread I was half way thinking that somebody bumped it from like 10 years ago. lol

Comment

Why would he come here? Our offensive coordinator is talented and has a system that works. John Fox is a good, defensive minded head coach. And if Fox can't come back, I would think Del Rio would have the inside track. Outside of owner intervention - which Bowlen NEVER does, I don't see it.

Comment

Kubiak has done nothing to earn a job as the Head Coach of the Broncos.

He's under preformed in every year EXCEPT the 2 that Manning was injured and last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                Why would he come here? Our offensive coordinator is talented and has a system that works.
                Yup. Gase is highly thought of, and probably too young and green to land an HC job after this season. So I don't see where/how Kubiak would fit in unless he and Elway are still tight and Elway wants him around.

Comment

Kubiak will coach at A&M when Sumlin heads to U$C.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                    Half of a bad season after making the playoffs 2 years in a row because you are playing your 3/4 string QB gets you canned?
                    8 years - 2 playoff appearances, 1 other season over .500 and mangling your QB situation so badly that the fans boo you the first game after you have returned from a stroke = yes you could get canned.

No, I don't want Kubiak as an offensive coordinator or head coach. Love what Gase is doing and like Fox and Del Rio.

Comment

I don't see him as really having a role on the team as it is currently constructed. Gase seems to be a great fit with Peyton.

However, down the road, if the FO decides to stick with Osweiler, and if Gase gets a HC gig at some point, I can see Os being the type of QB that would fit well in a Kubiak offense. Kubiak may be one of those great coordinator/not-so-great HC guys. If the timing is right I could see him back in some role in the organization, I just don't see that time being right anytime soon.

Comment

he can be a quality control / special projects coach.

Comment

Kubes and Shanny should retire

Comment

Didn't both of the Texan's playoff appearances happen after Wade Phillips was brought in as DC and after Manning left the division?

I remember when Manning was cut by the Colts the local Texans beat writer John Mclain(Yippie-Kai-Yay, Mother****er!) was on the radio talking about how the Texans had zero interest becasue he didn't fit their type of offense and that they were set with Shaub. Whether that was the owners opinion or Kubes or both. Wither way....not a good call.

Comment

Benching Keenum for Schaub tells me all I need to know about Kubiak as a head coach. No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X