No announcement yet.

Broncos sign Michael Huff (M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh this is disgusting but at this point in the season its not like there are any options that wouldn't make ones stomach turn.

Champ would be ideal but its far from clear that he will be able to physically play at FS. I am confident that he could do a good job of it despite the fact that it would be a midseason position shift - he is so talented at ball adjustments and TE coverage. While I'm sure he doesn't want a permanent switch he might be willing to help out the team with a temporary for now move to FS.

Jammer has played decently well the last few weeks I hope he can take the starting FS job if Champ is a no go. Mike Adams has been up and down but he was a solid center fielding type of safety last year so I'm sure he will get a shot as well.

Bruton and Boldin have both been pretty awful, no better than Huff in my opinion.

I agree that Kerry Rhodes might be a better option.

If Huff can be a good contributor on special teams then that would also be a point in his favor.

Comment

signed for depth and special teams

Comment

They should have signed that pro-bowl caliber guy whose name escapes me, who was sitting at home not on a team, just waiting for the Broncos to call.

That's what I would have done.

Comment

Originally posted by kane0730 View Post
          Why not give Kerry Rhodes a look?
          Because he was looking at other players ! But seriously I think he's the best safety out there. Sad that he can't find a spot on a team because he's gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
            They should have signed that pro-bowl caliber guy whose name escapes me, who was sitting at home not on a team, just waiting for the Broncos to call.

That's what I would have done.
            Tebow!

Comment

Kerry Rhodes must show up for workouts dressed like Liberace.

How gay are you? You're so gay Michael Huff gets hired before you.

Comment

"We will huff, nacho and bolden your house in!"

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
                  Tebow!
                  That's his name!

Thanks

Comment

Kerry Rhodes sucking dick to make a tackle on the field is still worlds better than Huff.

Comment

Just leaves Kore women for me :-)

Comment

Interesting comments...

I guy playing well on a poor team isn't a misnomer. I think the word you're looking for is "fluke"...but certainly not misnomer. And given that he had that good a year (2012) while the rest of his team sucked, how does that mean he sucks? Sounds like opposing teams didn't know who to pick on.

How does Orange Julius beating a DB mean that said DB sucks? OJ has been doing that all year to lots of DB's. Doesn't that mean OJ is good?

I've watched a little bit of Ed Reed's play and IMHO, he has lost several steps. I'm for passing on Ed Reed. you can't teach speed and when its gone, all the smarts in the world cant bring it back. I'm not knowing whether Huff has lost any athletic ability.

Like many others, I wonder whether a change of team chemistry / attitude and good coaches might help Huff.

Comment

How is Kerry Rhodes unsigned? He had a good year last year too. Has to be some major dirt on him other than preference to end up on wrong end of a blow job.
                          Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 11-19-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Had to do something. Plus we get to see if JDR can coach him up or just kick him to the curb at the end of the year.

Comment

Inexpensive depth. meh

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                                Just missed out on washed up Ed Reed which is better than Huff.
                                This

EDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!

Comment

Working...
                                X