400 Pound H.S. Running Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400 Pound H.S. Running Back

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0X9WwxzZ8E4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...223341434.html

That is ****ing retarded. You would be better off putting him at guard and letting a kid who with some athleticism run behind him.

Comment

He runs like a DT trying to make "last call" for a hamburger at McDonalds.

Comment

How would you like to be the 5'8" DB who is last line of defense and see that coming at you full steam

Comment

You'll see some screwy stuff at the high school level, but that's as far as his running back days are going to go. For health reasons, he needs to lose some weight, and it would help him be a better football player. I'm sure that a lot of colleges would be interested in having him play on their O or D line.

Comment

Good thing he's selling his art in the video, because the kid won't have much of a football career (at any position) at that weight. He's not fast enough to play guard as others have mentioned. Maybe he could star in a remake of The Princess Bride.

Seriously, it looks like he is competing against 2A competition. Put him up against a real high school team and he wouldn't last a quarter. Wrap up his ankles, then drill him until the whistle blows. I've coached against a few of these slow "bruiser backs" before and an aggressive defense will take them out of the game early.

Comment

Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
              Good thing he's selling his art in the video, because the kid won't have much of a football career (at any position) at that weight. He's not fast enough to play guard as others have mentioned. Maybe he could star in a remake of The Princess Bride.

Seriously, it looks like he is competing against 2A competition. Put him up against a real high school team and he wouldn't last a quarter. Wrap up his ankles, then drill him until the whistle blows. I've coached against a few of these slow "bruiser backs" before and an aggressive defense will take them out of the game early.
              Yeah, I couldn't imagine him being an all game back. Maybe short yardage on occasion. He's 6'5". Just stand him in the EZ and throw it high.

Comment

Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

Yep, I agree. At the high school level, and depending on the quality of opponents, some screwy stuff can work. But at higher levels, you'll see more conventional football, and at the college level, no coach is going to make his offense into a circus. The kid should get down into the lower 300s, and he could have a good chance as a lineman.

Comment

frank kush used to recruit kids like this that played fullback and turned them in to pulling guards.
                  the kids he is playing against look like bowling pins in his path.
                  good call on the JV squad hypothosis.
                  Kids are gonna hit him low for obvious reasons and his knees wont last.
                  If he does want a future in football, the smartest thing said in this thread was "get in shape"

Comment

Everything about that video irritated me; the lack of sound, the way he carries the ball, the way the person kept using his mouse to point to the obviously biggest player on the field, the random unexplained picture of a paw print, the fact that he has marginal athletic ability and carries the ball dangerously - it was an annoying video.

Comment

thanks for the yellow circle.....i'm not sure where to look for a 6'5" 400 lbs running back, coach!

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                        thanks for the yellow circle.....i'm not sure where to look for a 6'5" 400 lbs running back, coach!

Comment

Originally posted by LRtagger View Post
                          That is ****ing retarded. You would be better off putting him at guard and letting a kid who with some athleticism run behind him.
                          First of all, it looks like they're playing him at FB. Heck, even Bears put Fridge as a blocking/short yardage back.

Also, who cares if doesn't make it as D-1 running back. Relax, it's HS football. Good for him to be out there doing what a lot of kids are not doing enough.

Comment

Originally posted by boppool View Post
                            First of all, it looks like they're playing him at FB. Heck, even Bears put Fridge as a blocking/short yardage back.

Also, who cares if doesn't make it as D-1 running back. Relax, it's HS football. Good for him to be out there doing what a lot of kids are not doing enough.
                            Yep. It is just a game, after all.

Comment

I posted this days ago

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...33#post3969033
                              Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 11-19-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X