Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel like we just coasted?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone else feel like we just coasted?

    It seemed like we could have ripped up the Chiefs a lot more, but we just kinda methodically ended the game after we got to 17 points. Anyone else think we just kinda wanted it to end and move on? I was expecting more damage, but it seemed like we knew we didn't need to, so we just trudged along in the same kinda runny dump offs til it ended?

    I don't think this was the Chiefs holding us, it really seemed like we just wanted to take our W and go home.

  • #2
    We definitely went into clock draining/avoid turnovers at all cost mode with about 7:30 minutes left in the 4th. Probably could have put up 4-11 more points, if we really wanted to do so

    Comment


    • #3
      It was smart. In any event, the guys played hard right the day throygh.

      Comment


      • #4
        We played the clock once we got up by 17, for sure.

        It was a conservative game plan on offense in general, but that was due to us respecting the Chiefs D/wanting to keep Manning from getting hit. We ran the ball a lot, even though it was only getting two or three yards a pop generally meaning we had to punt a few times when we couldn't pick up a first on third down.

        We basically went out there looking to play it safe on offense, don't turn the ball over and make the Chiefs offense beat us. We got out of jail after the fumble and aside from a couple of good drives in the second quarter Kansas couldn't do anything with it until the game was over.

        Comment


        • #5
          I thought it was a very shrewd way to play a division rival that we're gonna be facing again in just 2 weeks in their house. Don't show them too much; play it smart and only as creative (play-wise) as we had to be to win. Save some surprises for next time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
            It seemed like we could have ripped up the Chiefs a lot more, but we just kinda methodically ended the game after we got to 17 points. Anyone else think we just kinda wanted it to end and move on? I was expecting more damage, but it seemed like we knew we didn't need to, so we just trudged along in the same kinda runny dump offs til it ended?

            I don't think this was the Chiefs holding us, it really seemed like we just wanted to take our W and go home.
            We didn't 'coast', it was the game plan. Prevent turnovers, and keep PFM's Jersey pristine to avoid further injury.

            KFC is reliant upon their D not only to be a D, but make up for an historically inept offense unable to score points. Keep the ball out of the defense's hands (from turnovers), and KFC has zero chance at a win.
            Last edited by Fedaykin; 11-19-2013, 04:23 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
              I thought it was a very shrewd way to play a division rival that we're gonna be facing again in just 2 weeks in their house. Don't show them too much; play it smart and only as creative (play-wise) as we had to be to win. Save some surprises for next time.
              And keep Peyton upright, which is what I think was the primary reason.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rolandftw View Post
                We definitely went into clock draining/avoid turnovers at all cost mode with about 7:30 minutes left in the 4th. Probably could have put up 4-11 more points, if we really wanted to do so
                scoring 4 points is pretty hard under any circumstances...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by extralife View Post
                  scoring 4 points is pretty hard under any circumstances...
                  he means if we go ahead and get a TD instead of a FG, that's 4 extra points (or 11 extra when paired with another TD).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes, that was the plan. Get a lead and don't do anything to let their D make a play.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                      I thought it was a very shrewd way to play a division rival that we're gonna be facing again in just 2 weeks in their house. Don't show them too much; play it smart and only as creative (play-wise) as we had to be to win. Save some surprises for next time.
                      bingo!
                      we see them again in 2 weeks at their house.
                      Most likely we threw some hand signals their way that will mean something completely different when PFM will not thave the luxury of audibling at the LOS.
                      BTW, dont tell our D that they were "coasting".
                      very concerned about our present mash unit.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                        And keep Peyton upright, which is what I think was the primary reason.
                        bingo too !
                        keeping PFM healthy was more important than the win !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          no way....the chiefs are good

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                            bingo too !
                            keeping PFM healthy was more important than the win !
                            I wouldn't go that far, but it was a smart strategy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                              I wouldn't go that far, but it was a smart strategy.
                              so given a choice;
                              win OR healthy manning for the rest of the year,
                              your choice is... win ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X