Chiefs Defense exposed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs Defense exposed?

The Chiefs are built upon on their pass rush, but they haven't recorded a single quarterback hit or sack in their last two games. They only have one sack in their last three games. Kansas City's defense was good for the first six games of the season. (But of course none of those teams have a winning record.) Since then it's been merely avg. to good.

They just regressed to the mean. Still a good D, just not AMAZING

Comment

Not really exposed, it's just teams are figuring out you can't sit back in the pocket for as long as some of KC's earlier opponents were. They're still a very good defense, but no where near the elite level they would need to be to win a Championship

Comment

I thought they were really tough actually. It's going to be a very tough defense to play in KC. I'm not sure how that game goes for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          They just regressed to the mean. Still a good D, just not AMAZING
          That's what I call EXPOSED. The way the talking heads have been playing up this feasting-on-only-losing-teams-&-backup-QBS Defense, you would think we're all witnessing the second coming of the Ravens championship D or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
            That's what I call EXPOSED. The way the talking heads have been playing up this feasting-on-only-losing-teams-&-backup-QBS Defense, you would think we're all witnessing the second coming of the Ravens championship D or something.
            I dunno, when i think of the word "exposed," i think along the lines of figuring out a fatal flaw. I just think they did really well against some bad teams and that created inflated numbers within a small sample size.

Comment

Their pass rush and run defense are an issue. They allowed some big runs and haven't had many sacks. That said, they tackle well and play fast. They don't blow assignments. They're a good defense that had to play the number one offense in the NFL.

Comment

Exposed only applies to the Broncos.

When we lose, it's either we were exposed, or a team has a blueprint for others to follow. We're solved once we lose a game.

According to Cris Collinsworth, the great 9-0 Chiefs, with their greatest of all time defense, all universe RB, and an offense that was able to scrape together two touchdowns, may have lost (if only for a few plays!), but they all deserve a ribbon for only losing by 10 points. As was pointed out on the telecast last night, he can't wait for the rematch where the Broncos have all the adverse conditions.

Comment

A QB that gets the ball out in 2.5 seconds will expose a defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                    The Chiefs are built upon on their pass rush, but they haven't recorded a single quarterback hit or sack in their last two games. They only have one sack in their last three games. Kansas City's defense was good for the first six games of the season. (But of course none of those teams have a winning record.) Since then it's been merely avg. to good.
                    It has been 3 games since Hali or Houston have had a sack and even longer since Poe has had one, 6 or 7 I think.

I love how idiots like the broadcasters (and kFcDud) take the low hanging fruit and point out our 500+ and 48 points given up vs Dallas but they do not account for all the starters on D who did not start that game and all the others who went down for long stretches.

It was Denver's D that looked better last night, I love watching the highlights and seeing Thomas run for 70 as well as Decker and Welker juking the secondary out of their jocks for additional yards.

Manning should have also had another passing TD when he missed Decker who was wide open.

Comment

We played pretty conservatively this game, which made since with the injury and such. We could've put more on them if we really needed to.

Comment

Absolutely! That goal line stand (Broncos) was a thing of beauty! Against a top RB with with multiple chances no less. Funny but I'm seeing no love in the national media for them either.

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
                          We played pretty conservatively this game, which made since with the injury and such. We could've put more on them if we really needed to.
                          Yep

Running on early downs, with success some times, kept Hali and Houston looking run 1st and stuck at the LOS. Clark and Franklin did have good games. I hope Franklin is back to 100% from his ankle sprain.

Comment

Well maybe it is to the delusional Queef fans that actually think that this years Defense is as good as the 2000 Ravens.

Comment

It's exactly what some of us have been saying, all along. A backup quarterback would get that "deer in the headlights" look. A backup quarterback wouldn't have his decision-making honed just right. A backup quarterback would accept whatever protection he is given.

That's not Peyton Manning. Manning has seen probably every defensive formation in football, knows how to release the ball quckly, and can call his own protection...

Comment

Working...
                              X