Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues John has to navigate at Safety position this offseason

So it is likely that Stewart is gone.

Both Simmons and Parks are playing in their last year of their rookie deals.

Simmons has played well in spots but still makes some terrible decisions, he isn't worth locking up with a big deal.

Parks should come cheaper as he is a backup.

Does John go out and get a big name Vet FA to fill Stewarts departure and then let Simmons and Parks fight it out for the 2nd job and the contract next year or does he lock at least one guy up this year?

Cravens is technically a Safety too but he was a VJ bright idea so he may not make it out of TC despite having a tiny cap number.

Who do you want to see John bring in to replace Stewart. What would you do with Simmons and or Parks?

I think Simmons will thrive in Fangio's scheme not being used in Cover 0 and as a NCB.

And Will Parks had a very good year, but they will have to make a long-term committment to them or not.

Stewart is likely next on the chopping block. Not sure what happens with Cravens.

If he hits free agency, i expect Denver to look HARD to Adrian Amos from Chicago.

Comment

Let Simmons and Parks play out the season as-is. I like guys in a contract year. It's not a coincidence that they tend to have their best seasons when $ is on the line.

Comment

Simmons is garbage

always a step behind mentally

fragile, weak

good athlete but not clutch

D. Stew has to go, should have never been extended.

awful roster management abounds from GHOSTFACE GM

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
          I think Simmons will thrive in Fangio's scheme not being used in Cover 0 and as a NCB.

And Will Parks had a very good year, but they will have to make a long-term committment to them or not.

Stewart is likely next on the chopping block. Not sure what happens with Cravens.

If he hits free agency, i expect Denver to look HARD to Adrian Amos from Chicago.
          I would be fine with Amos, I would expect Fangio to bring someone from duh bears over with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
            Let Simmons and Parks play out the season as-is. I like guys in a contract year. It's not a coincidence that they tend to have their best seasons when $ is on the line.
            But it also may be cheaper to sign them now as opposed to them in a contract year.

Comment

But it also may be cheaper to sign them now as opposed to them in a contract year.
              Yeah, they’re prob waiting for Fangio to give his final evaluation to move forward on that.

Simmons should get a 2nd contract.

Comment

Only if they light it up this season, which is a win-win IMO.

Comment

Agreed Let Parks and Sua walk.
                  Get Amos in FA.

Comment

Interested in seeing more of Dymonte Thomas since it's likely they're only able to pay one of Simmons or Parks. Simmons is a great athlete, but Parks seems to have a little more dog in him and really played well down the stretch. We'll see which guy earns a second contract. Stewart is 100% washed, easy cut. Not counting on anything from Su'a, just seems way too immature and he's not really a true safety anyway. Fangio doesn't play much dime, so not sure what his role would be.

Amos is a good player, not a game-changer. Don't overpay him.

Comment

There will be plenty of safeties available in free agency. This should keep their market prices relatively low and help the Broncos sign whoever they want and extend Justin Simmons.

Remember, some of the top FA safeties took some time to find a team last offseason. Vaccaro signed a 1-year deal in August, Tre Boston signed a 1-year deal with the Cardinals. Now they're FAs again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The free agent market for safeties is loaded:<br><br>Landon Collins<br>Earl Thomas<br>Lamarcus Joyner<br>Tyrann Mathieu<br>Adrian Amos<br>Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix<br>Clayton Geathers <br>Glover Quin<br>Tre Boston<br>Kenny Vaccaro<br>George Iloka<br>Jimmie Ward<br>Adrian Phillips</p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1096484608701595648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

George Iloka served as the Vikings' 3rd safety last season, but I believe he is good enough to be a starter and has the size to cover TEs. At the very least, he is more reliable than Su'a Cravens, who quit the Redskins and got benched by Vance Joseph.

Elway will likely try to keep Justin Simmons. He's 25, made 97 tackles and 3 interceptions last season. We should expect Simmons to get better being coached by Fangio and Donatell. I think he's a keeper.

Comment

I'd try to resign both Simmons and Parks before the season. Both played well last season and I think develop further under Fangio. Parks had that Atwater-type of a hit against the Steelers, I'd keep him around just for that

Comment

Wish we had the money to spend on a guy like Landon Collins. I'll settle for Sua not being a Bronco next year.

Comment

Originally posted by gob1gred View Post
                            Wish we had the money to spend on a guy like Landon Collins. I'll settle for Sua not being a Bronco next year.
                            Broncos have money for Collins, i think they go for Amos if he hits the market.

Comment

Broncos have money for Collins, i think they go for Amos if he hits the market.
                              I'd take Collins over Amos. Amos didn't seem all that special to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X