Broncos trade for Flacco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
    Worst case scenario, and the one I'm bracing for, is Elway says Flacco is his guy and they pass on a QB.
    If you mean "pass on a QB" like he passed on Allen and Rosen then yes, I agree. But if one of the guys he likes is there, I think he takes him.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
      I agree, so why wouldn’t you want the QB that he preferred for this season? Again, you are looking at this from your perspective, not his. That’s all I am saying.
      Well, it’s a message board, so....

Seriously though, I don’t think Fangio really cares all that much who the QB is. He is concentrating on the defense. They just won the division in Chicago with an elite defense and a QB in Trubisky who shows occasional flashes but is overall pretty meh. He’s going to try to have the defense carry this team. From Fangio’s perspective, Flacco just needs to be along for the ride and try not to screw things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
        Mahomes rookie year was a totally different offense. His talent alone could’ve got him through a rookie year. If i was a KC fan I wouldn’t want Smith teaching him his habits. It was wasted time IMO. Browns were dumb to go that route. Eagles too. Seattle even tried it in that offseason but wised up before week 1.

If you’re drafting a top 10 QB, he’s not some 2 year project. That route is for late 1sts and lower IMO.
        I'm not advocating for the Smith/Mahomes strategy. I'm simply saying with Elway that with Flacco the best case scenario as fans that we'll get is the Smith/Mahomes strategy. And if I had to bet money I wouldn't even count on getting that.

Me, what I'd do is the Darnold/McCown strategy:
        -Aggressively trade up for a QB
        -Have him start Day 1
        -Veteran back up

What the Jets did last year is what I wanted us to do last year and same for this year. I just don't think it's happening. I think Elway is going to make Flacco the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
          If you mean "pass on a QB" like he passed on Allen and Rosen then yes, I agree. But if one of the guys he likes is there, I think he takes him.

I agree. If they have a target, and he’s within reach or there at 10, Flacco doesn’t stop them from getting that guy IMO.

All comes down to their draft board ranking.

Comment

I guess.

Comment

Mahomes rookie year was a totally different offense. His talent alone could’ve got him through a rookie year. If i was a KC fan I wouldn’t want Smith teaching him his habits. It was wasted time IMO. Browns were dumb to go that route. Eagles too. Seattle even tried it in that offseason but wised up before week 1.

If you’re drafting a top 10 QB, he’s not some 2 year project. That route is for late 1sts and lower IMO.
              Yeah, why would you want to waste one of the rookie’s cheap seasons? Makes no sense. Put him in there and let him take his lumps.

Comment

I'm not advocating for the Smith/Mahomes strategy. I'm simply saying with Elway that with Flacco the best case scenario as fans that we'll get is the Smith/Mahomes strategy. And if I had to bet money I wouldn't even count on getting that.

Me, what I'd do is the Darnold/McCown strategy:
                -Aggressively trade up for a QB
                -Have him start Day 1
                -Veteran back up

What the Jets did last year is what I wanted us to do last year and same for this year. I just don't think it's happening. I think Elway is going to make Flacco the guy.

McCowns contract far better in that situation than 28.5M.

The zero guaranteed leaves them a door for that QB in the draft if they want him.

The one scenario that is out there is Flacco starts, fails, resulting in being sub 500, then calling for the rookie to “save the season”. Much like Ravens did except that was injury then benched.

Comment

I guess.
                  Looking at it from a different angle, if he passes on a QB at 10 it means he doesn't think he's good enough to warrant being taken that high. So, for example, if Lock makes it to 10 and Elway passes, it means all the stories of Elway liking him were false.

Comment

Hue refused to play Baker. Then when he did he sucked at coaching.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...oma-plays/amp/

Bye bye.
                    Don’t forget that he basically mothballed Chubb too. He said he wanted to get him into a game, but never did until the FO forced his hand by trading Hyde. They were a totally different offense with Mayfield and Chubb in there.

Comment

Looking at it from a different angle, if he passes on a QB at 10 it means he doesn't think he's good enough to warrant being taken that high. So, for example, if Lock makes it to 10 and Elway passes, it means all the stories of Elway liking him were false.
                      This is kind of what I think will happen although there may be a chance he takes a QB.

Comment

When was it where Elway demonstrated he knows when and who to pick at qb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                          You have Keenum on your roster, under contract for 7 million.
                          It's almost as though you don't know the difference between salary and guaranteed money. Keenum's salary next season is 18 million. He gets 7 million for being cut.

You do know that, right? Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncosjf View Post
                            It's almost as though you don't know the difference between salary and guaranteed money. Keenum's salary next season is 18 million. He gets 7 million for being cut.

You do know that, right? Right?
                            Yes, I do know that, but you are correct to call me out for stating it as a 7 million dollar salary.

It doesn't change my point or arguments in this thread.

Comment

Why? We have the #10 pick. Mahomes was the #10 pick. Drafting a QB, even trading up for one, isn't going to be hard. Elway can make it happen....IF he wants to.
                              Who knows what Elway will do. I don't trust his judgement. MIA and WASH may be looking to trade up to get two of the QB's and leave Elway sucking hind tit. I bet Elway is shy and thinks Fang, Scang and Flacco is ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                                Yes, I do know that, but you are correct to call me out for stating it as a 7 million dollar salary.

It doesn't change my point or arguments in this thread.
                                It does, though. Part of your argument is hinged on the idea that they already have a vet QB at a cheaper price. They don't. They have a worse QB for the same price.

I'm not a Flacco fan, but I would rather they upgrade the position, even if only minimally, while they attempt to secure a more permanent solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X