Well, after being sick for the last 2 1/2 years, had a kidney transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, after being sick for the last 2 1/2 years, had a kidney transplant

I'm such a lucky guy, I've had kidney failure for a while, and my wonderful, awesome niece (who is also a Bronco fan) donated a kidney to me on Tuesday. We are both out of the hospital, in pain, but doing well. My blood levels are all pretty much normal now, I feel 100% better! Can't thank my niece, Nancy enough, she is a life saver!

That's truly awesome! What a selfless gift! Congratulations on getting healthy; and congratulations on having family capable of doing something like that!

Comment

Wow, glad you are on the mends. I can't even think about how you are going to repay your niece. That was a very selfless act. Looks like you hit the jackpot when it comes to family.

btw, I am the biggest Bronco fan in Dallas.

Comment

Great to hear! And tell your niece she's awesome!

Comment

Incredible story, welcome home to both of you. How many hugs have you given her?

Comment

Congrats! Glad it went well for both of you!

Comment

This is ****ing awesome. Glad you’re feeling better!

Comment

Glad your doing well!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've hugged her, told her I love her, and still feel like I can't say enough things to her about what this means to me. I'll post a pic of us later, I look a lot better, normal color again!
                  Big change in my diet now too, so many things I could not eat before. No potassium, so no banana, potatoes, etc for over 2 years! Had sweet taters for dinner last night!

Here we are right before they said we would leave. This is the Director of transplants, Roberts Hospital, Baylor Scoot and White in Dallas. Awesome place and staff!

Last edited by hades; 02-08-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Hades that is awesome! Congrats!!

Comment

I’m thinking maybe the name hades needs refreshing

Comment

That is so awesome congrats!!!

Comment

Good for you and a hell yes for her. Gotta love a broncos fan .

Comment

Doc, can you tattoo a big SB50 on that thing before you install? lol

Congrats to you and your relationship with your neice. amazing.

Comment

Broncos Country!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X