Game Ball to the OL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Ball to the OL

Difference in the game no doubt. If they block like that the next 2 months you can go ahead and crown us.

Discuss

manning certainly helped 'em out by getting the ball out quicker than he normally does. still, they kept manning upright and never in any real peril. they did take a couple of holding calls but those are preferable to getting manning hit at this point.

my only complaint is that the running game was pretty spotty.

Comment

Manning could wear the same jersey next home game, not a speck of dirt on it. I haven’t replayed the game but did notice it was a real dogfight on the edges all night, can’t say enough about the effort put forth……… awesome.

Comment

I salute the OP for suggesting the obvious yet often overlooked !
        Our patch-work OL has been outstanding!
        and kudos to JFE for having the pieces in place !

Comment

Absolutely agreed 100%. We went up against the best pass rush in the NFL and they barely grazed Manning on no more than 3 plays. There were a number of plays where Clark & Franklin were put on an island, and they handled Hali & Houston just fine.

The run game wasn't pretty, but it was really a means to an end. We used the threat of the run (especially up the middle) to keep KC's D honest. It slowed down the aggressive edge rush.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
              We should see if manning can run a forty this week

Comment

Well-deserved.

Even a banged-up Broncos OL got the better of the McChief's overrated pass rush.

Comment

FWIW,
                  along with the OL, MORENO did an awesome job blocking too !

Comment

One of the keys to the game was the OL keeping Manning upright. They did that. I was extremely impressed...

Comment

Even though the run game wasn't great it was good enough to keep the defense honest. It was like body punches in boxing and allowed the OL to pass protect better because the Chiefs couldn't go all out pass rush mode.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        Even though the run game wasn't great it was good enough to keep the defense honest.
                        We weren't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          We weren't that bad.
                          I didn't say they were bad I said they weren't great. The run game wasn't great but good enough to allow the OL some help in protection.

Comment

I don't see how people are complaining about the run game last night. Pass pro was much better than I thought it would be, and we had very few negative run plays. Also, we are running TD's inside the 10 yard line at a much better rate than we have for many years. Moreno and Ball are finding ways to get into the end zone, even when things are stuffed.

I think the run game is looking "just good enough" to keep defenses honest and punish them if they keep safeties deep.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X