Broncos Salary Cap 2019: Elway's Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Salary Cap 2019: Elway's Revenge

I think you'll find all 3 scenarios very interesting. Orange represents key additions or FA's. Red represents medical issue tbd. In all 3 scenarios, Keenum, Marshall, Stewart, and Wolfe are cut. The key is to acquire as many impact players as possible. I admit depth is thin. Pick your fancy.

Scenario #1: Broncos draft QB Lock at #10, and surround him with championship contender.
    Scenario #2: Broncos sign Foles, and surround him with championship contender.
    Scenario #3: Broncos trade away their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks (plus 2020 2nd) to trade up to #2 with SF for Kyler Murray, and surround him with championship contender.
    Attached Files

I am bit confused, I have to be honest.

Comment

I’m confused too. Murray isn’t worth trading up to 2 for. Murray will end up being a mid-late 1st rd pick.

Comment

Trade up to 2 for Haskins....

Comment

Originally posted by Carffather View Post
          Trade up to 2 for Haskins....
          For a 1 year starter?

Comment

Every scenario has cut Keenum. I doubt that's happening. Elway isn't going to start any rookie unless he decisively, without a shadow of doubt, beats Keenum out in camp/preseason. That's unlikely and even if it happens Case is probably made enough at that point to retain for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
              Think of it this way. This is just price rosturbating, but with a spreadsheet.

Comment

Good work price!

Good to see how things could break down. No way they cut Keenum for Foles tho, that would be a bad move.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
                  Just consider this as examples of some things that could be done, don't get caught up in the specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                    Good work price!

Good to see how things could break down. No way they cut Keenum for Foles tho, that would be a bad move.
                    I would help them pack and rent a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                      Every scenario has cut Keenum. I doubt that's happening. Elway isn't going to start any rookie unless he decisively, without a shadow of doubt, beats Keenum out in camp/preseason. That's unlikely and even if it happens Case is probably made enough at that point to retain for the season.
                      If they draft a 1st rounder he needs yo start day 1. They won't put themselves into another Paxton situation of not playing the guy they draft.

Comment

Bo Levi Mitchell & a Draft pick could be paid for with Keenum's savings if he is cut. We also have 8 mil in rollover cash. So without even looking at the rest, cutting Keenum plus rollover leaves 19 mil to work with for 2 QBs. Probably even could have left over to roll over to next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cheeze View Post
                          If they draft a 1st rounder he needs yo start day 1. They won't put themselves into another Paxton situation of not playing the guy they draft.
                          I agree with you and i have no problem cutting Keenum for that to happen. I'm just saying Elway isn't going to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                            For a 1 year starter?
                            This is just lazy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cheeze View Post
                              I agree. If they go that route, there's no point in keeping Keenum.

The first mistake with Lynch was drafting him. It was a bad idea to draft a project QB in the first round. Draft those types in later rounds. The second mistake was not playing him. Forget all that he's wasn't ready crap. They drafted him, so play him.

If they think one of these QBs can be a star, pay the cost to get him and release Keenum. That rookie QB isn't going to walk in the building and already be better than a veteran QB. So chances are that Keenum wins that QB battle, and we're going through the same BS again. Even if the first round QB doesn't start week 1, I'd still want him to start the bulk of the games this year. So there's no point in paying Keenum $20 million for a few starts.

Comment

Working...
                              X