No announcement yet.

Nacho trash talking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking trash is part of the game but you do it as you are going about your business on the field. You don't bend over and talk to a player laying on the ground, you don't hurry up and run over to a player and do it. There are just a few key things that the refs look for and Nacho made the mistake of doing one of those. Just say your few words and walk away. He had a few words, then had to stop and bend over and bark a few more, then put his helmet right next to the other guys and walk right next to him for a bit barking more. Good god, how much talk do you need to say. It was a stupid Nacho move. He should have been yanked as he did and have his ass chewed out. Stupid young players need to learn. This is a football game not a nightclub where you need to represent how bad you are. Let your play speak for itself. Let the scoreboard have the last laugh.

Comment

I think the issue was that not only did he "trash talk" but I think he also made physical contact with him while doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        I think the issue was that not only did he "trash talk" but I think he also made physical contact with him while doing so.
        He didn't make contact, with him, from what I saw. After the play, I just saw Nacho talking. He had his hands at his side, at all times...

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
          He didn't make contact, with him, from what I saw. After the play, I just saw Nacho talking. He had his hands at his side, at all times...
          While he didn't headbutt him or anything, their helmets were touching. But I don't think that in itself is what dew that flag. I think it was the combination of that, and prior to, he stopped walking back to the LOS, and bent over and had a few words while the player was down as well. All of that combined just led the ref to calling the penalty because he probably felt it was just excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
            Talking trash is part of the game but you do it as you are going about your business on the field. You don't bend over and talk to a player laying on the ground, you don't hurry up and run over to a player and do it. There are just a few key things that the refs look for and Nacho made the mistake of doing one of those. Just say your few words and walk away. He had a few words, then had to stop and bend over and bark a few more, then put his helmet right next to the other guys and walk right next to him for a bit barking more. Good god, how much talk do you need to say. It was a stupid Nacho move. He should have been yanked as he did and have his ass chewed out. Stupid young players need to learn. This is a football game not a nightclub where you need to represent how bad you are. Let your play speak for itself. Let the scoreboard have the last laugh.
            You are absolutely correct. The word "nightclub" jumped off the screen to me. A nightclub is not a good place to talk smack. If you talk smack there, you never know when someone will follow you out the door and spray the side of your white Hummer with a semi automatic weapon because you upset them. Just do your job. Mind your business. Let your performance speak for itself. If you do it well enough, you will get all the attention from the other team you want.

Comment

It was a BS call, and there was no reason for Nacho to give the refs a reason to make a BS call.

nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                It was plain stupid of him to do, Make a play, shut your mouth and do not bump into the player while you TAUNT him. It was the right call, Act like a professional next time or you will be spending more time on the sidelines like you did after that play.
                bingo !
                grow up act like a pro, lie an adult, like a solid play is an every day occurance for you.
                I app;laude JDR for making him watch the rest of the posession on the sideline and making him feel responsable for the score because he failed to be with his team on the field.
                we dont need lame selfish behavior hurting our team !

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                  That cost us 4-7 points. Wonder what he said. Wonder what JDR will have to say about this in the meetings this week.
                  seemed like it was one of those points in the game where the officials can see a high-profile game getting a larger point spread than the nfl may have liked. so they called a bs penalty for something that happens probably hundreds of times in an NFL weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
                    seemed like it was one of those points in the game where the officials can see a high-profile game getting a larger point spread than the nfl may have liked. so they called a bs penalty for something that happens probably hundreds of times in an NFL weekend.
                    perhaps, but...
                    he said and did enough to evoke a flag, never should have given the ref the opp.
                    Just shut-up and go back to the huddle! all this preening for the cameras after a defender makes a play is just self centered, look at me horse**** !
                    the sack dance/ celebration was horsepoo when gasteneau did it and its still manure, I dont care who is doing it !
                    Players jumping around after a single play like they cured cancer or knocked out mike tyson is just lame, like a 4 year old winning a beauty contest.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                      perhaps, but...
                      he said and did enough to evoke a flag, never should have given the ref the opp.
                      Just shut-up and go back to the huddle! all this preening for the cameras after a defender makes a play is just self centered, look at me horse**** !
                      the sack dance/ celebration was horsepoo when gasteneau did it and its still manure, I dont care who is doing it !
                      Players jumping around after a single play like they cured cancer or knocked out mike tyson is just lame, like a 4 year old winning a beauty contest.
                      he wasn't jumping around, though. for all we know, he was vehemently defending his stance on the long-term effects on Western Europe following the culmination of the 100-years War.

Comment

I hate that trash talking is against the rules in the NFL. these are grown men, playing a sport. Not little kids at the playground.

If Nacho wants to call an opponent a bitch after a good play, who cares?

Comment

the trash talking stimulates unsportmanlike behavior / retaliation.
                          this isnt a NYC b ball game. its a multi billion dollar industry.
                          corporations dont want to be associated with, back street thuggery.
                          if you dont like it use your own billions to start your own punk football league. ask the last assclowns how that went

hehateme.com

Comment

Working...
                          X