Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Props on the win

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Props on the win

    No ands, if's or buts! We just got beat.

    We knew we had offense issues, never more obvious as tonight when the defense couldn't get any scores. We are in year # 1 of the Reid regime, it shows on offense. After 11 weeks, we should be better, we have a lack of talent in key areas. QB is the biggest, the fans know this but Andy does not. For Alex Smith to be his best, everybody around him has to be top notch so that he can ride their coat tails. If we have a good QB, this offense is 75% better. But we have Alice, it is what it is.

    A few things to point out here to keep in perspective .....

    I was proud of the KC defense even though many here wanted to put them down. Holding you to 27 pts, several 3 and outs, punts, in Denver was a good showing against Manning.

    The back to back turnovers was a shot to the gut for KC!

    KC holding Denver to 4 straight non scoring possessions, missed FG at the half and the 1st 3 in 2nd half. It's just KC couldn't close the gap during that time.

    In order to beat Manning, you need TD's, KC not getting 7 at the 1 yard line was nails for Denver.

    Even a bummed up Manning is tough to beat because of his quick reads and release.

    Thomas is a beast to cover and will only get better, a damn headache for years to come.

    Again, props, you have a tough one next week in New England.

    After that, Rd 2 in KC, I really feel we will win that one.

    The race to the finish line in the AFC West will be interesting.

    Night everybody I'll respond back tomorrow, bed is calling, morning comes early!

  • #2
    Thanks.

    Comment


    • #3
      What are with all these ifs? If we had JJ watt and Patrick Peterson, no one is beating us

      Comment


      • #4
        Props to you for being the ONLY KC fan that comes here with any logic rationale and class.

        Comment


        • #5
          thanks for the post/thread but this one is for you after wondering about Manning and his ankle....
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Both teams made a lot of mistakes. A lot of penalties for Denver that really stalled drives.

            As long as Denver can take care of the ball, I think the Broncos have a great shot at winning in KC. I'm sure Chief fans feel the same way

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ROYC75 View Post
              No ands, if's or buts! We just got beat.

              We knew we had offense issues, never more obvious as tonight when the defense couldn't get any scores. We are in year # 1 of the Reid regime, it shows on offense. After 11 weeks, we should be better, we have a lack of talent in key areas. QB is the biggest, the fans know this but Andy does not. For Alex Smith to be his best, everybody around him has to be top notch so that he can ride their coat tails. If we have a good QB, this offense is 75% better. But we have Alice, it is what it is.

              A few things to point out here to keep in perspective .....

              I was proud of the KC defense even though many here wanted to put them down. Holding you to 27 pts, several 3 and outs, punts, in Denver was a good showing against Manning.

              The back to back turnovers was a shot to the gut for KC!

              KC holding Denver to 4 straight non scoring possessions, missed FG at the half and the 1st 3 in 2nd half. It's just KC couldn't close the gap during that time.

              In order to beat Manning, you need TD's, KC not getting 7 at the 1 yard line was nails for Denver.

              Even a bummed up Manning is tough to beat because of his quick reads and release.

              Thomas is a beast to cover and will only get better, a damn headache for years to come.

              Again, props, you have a tough one next week in New England.

              After that, Rd 2 in KC, I really feel we will win that one.

              The race to the finish line in the AFC West will be interesting.

              Night everybody I'll respond back tomorrow, bed is calling, morning comes early!
              Definitely see this as a split, sucks the games are so close to eachother. Hope the injuries sustained today aren't anything serious. Good luck next week, look forward to resuming the **** talking in two weeks!

              Comment


              • #8
                Congratulations on the win.
                See you guys in 2 weeks, hopefully, for some payback and to split the season head to head match up. It would be even better if it also meant handing Denver their 3rd loss and and in a row if the Patriots can come up successful next Sunday night!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Congratulations on the win.
                  See you guys in 2 weeks, hopefully, for some payback and to split the season head to head match up. It would be even better if it also meant handing Denver their 3rd loss and and in a row if the Patriots can come up successful next Sunday night!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pretty much went the way I thought it would, although I had the Broncos getting 31. But they played conservative tonight. A lot more runs than normal. Probably to keep Manning safer. I'm sure the Broncos are very happy and surprised with what the Oline did tonight. The D gave up too many big runs but still held tough in the red zone. I don't see a different outcome for the game in two weeks. Probably pretty similar. Chiefs have major red zone problems. If their D can't score they're in trouble against a good offensive team. Face it, the Chiefs have to live by YAC and TOs. If they're not getting either of those, they're in deep ****.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ScotchTanShan View Post
                      Congratulations on the win.
                      See you guys in 2 weeks, hopefully, for some payback and to split the season head to head match up. It would be even better if it also meant handing Denver their 3rd loss and and in a row if the Patriots can come up successful next Sunday night!
                      How would it be the third loss in a row. They just handled you. By elementary math, as in basic, that would be two in a row, IF they were to lose at NE.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think he meant their 3rd loss in a row after the Chargers work them and then the Broncos own them again.

                        Second place frauds.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                          How would it be the third loss in a row. They just handled you. By elementary math, as in basic, that would be two in a row, IF they were to lose at NE.

                          he is speaking of the rematch. If his team beat us and he figures Pats will beat us then he would have hoped KC gives us our 3rd straight loss.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                            he is speaking of the rematch. If his team beat us and he figures Pats will beat us then he would have hoped KC gives us our 3rd straight loss.
                            He said it would mean handing Denver their 3rd loss and in a row if NE handles their business. As in it is still possible and not "if only we had beat you".

                            Maybe he meant 3rd loss and two in a row, but it totally reads like he is still listening to Collingsworth go on and on about how great this moral victory was today, except there was nothing morally victorious about it!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If I'm a Chief fan, I'm accepting that the offense is never going to get better.

                              I am a bit worried the defense has one sack in three games.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X